Can you do 'concealment bump' into fortified location

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Guys,

If I have say a ? with two squads underneath it in a fortified building hex, can my opponent enter the hex to see if i am 'real?'

If they were unconcealed, he could never enter the hex in the first place.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
TankDawg said:
Hi Guys,

If I have say a ? with two squads underneath it in a fortified building hex, can my opponent enter the hex to see if i am 'real?'

If they were unconcealed, he could never enter the hex in the first place.

They would lose ?. At the bottom of the following snippet.

B23.922 ENTRY: Infantry may not enter a Fortified Building Location during any phase if an unpinned, Good Order, enemy squad (or its equivalent) is inside [EXC: Breach;]. A berserk unit must remain in the adjacent hex attacking it in its AFPh/DFPh until the occupants have been pinned, broken, or Reduced sufficiently to allow it to enter (or until another enemy unit becomes adjacent to it, in which case the berserk unit must charge this new unit). An Infantry unit which attempts to move or advance into a Fortified Building Location occupied by such a squad loses that MPh or APh capability for that turn and must remain in its present hex during that phase. The MF expended (not lost) in an unsuccessful entry attempt are considered expended in its present hex for purposes of Residual FP (A12.15), Defensive First Fire, Subsequent First Fire, or FPF; however, once all such fire is completed, the unit's MPh is over and it is no longer a target for such attacks. Loss of concealment rules (A12.15) apply even though the Fortified Location cannot be entered. Q&A

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
cool. so not all units lose concealment. I would have sworn that owner chooses which unit loses it, but sounds like fate decides.

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
guys, can i get a rule number for this?

I cant find it.

Thanks! (i have always played that you must reveal one unit of your own choosing)

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
TankDawg said:
guys, can i get a rule number for this?

I cant find it.

Thanks! (i have always played that you must reveal one unit of your own choosing)
A12.15 has the RS bit in it. Lots of words in it, but the relevant bit starts about 10 lines up from the bottom (in v2).

Revealing a unit of your own choosing seems valid to me, though.
A12.14 states that you can 'voluntarily remove concealment at any time during his or her opponent's Player Turn'. Just reveal something other than a SMC :)