Can we start a BG counter Forum

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
or is this all the designer stuff going on? Used to be more diversity here then I see now. I enjoy your counters and comments, but seems to have crowded out other things that were talked about here.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I get complaints if I post them in general, i get complaints if I post them in designer....its almost as if no one wants to see them!?
I could just do it in one big thread but then the chance of any one actually giving me feed back on the notes (which is what I so desperately need) vanishes to nothing.

xenovin

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Vincent
Country
llUnited States
I think they are fine here in the design area and I do read them but I usually don’t have anything to add!

I wouldn’t say this is crowding out design comment. There just is much less posts on GS anymore so more people are actually looking at it as not much else is being posted.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Ditto, I treat reading your notes as an almost religious duty. However I don't want to fill up GS with repeat posts of "good". Rest assured that if I find something that I am dubious about I will comment. While I will occasionally praise something of particularly worth, treat my silence as satisfied approval.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I get complaints if I post them in general, i get complaints if I post them in designer....its almost as if no one wants to see them!?
I could just do it in one big thread but then the chance of any one actually giving me feed back on the notes (which is what I so desperately need) vanishes to nothing.
Yes!
By all means, please continue posting here in the 'designer's forum. These posts have been quite informative.
So much more interesting than the tiresome dice-roll and Raaco insert threads in the main forum.

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes. I would check replies and comments frequently.

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Some options:

1. Bug Alan to re-new work on his CG of Fortress Brest, 1941 and once he agrees, we help with designs, playtests, etc.

2. Vincent is in the final stages of his SK scenario design contest. Is there desire to design more scenarios for a contest?

3. We can pick a topic of ASL design and comment upon it.

4. Do all three above.

??

R Hooks

Smoke Break brb
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Randy! I have highest regards for BG and anyone else who work to keep ASL at the top of the curve. I just think counters are low hanging fruit no matter how many sets of German captured French tanks are put into captured Russian colors. What I'd get fired up over is a way to turn VASL into a basis to play double blind games.

Last edited:

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thank you Randy! I have highest regards for BG and anyone else who work to keep ASL at the top of the curve. I just think counters are low hanging fruit no matter how many sets of German captured French tanks are put into captured Russian colors. What I'd get fired up over is a way to turn VASL into a basis to play double blind games.
Now there's a idea!! ?

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
You want a separate sub forum to post them in? (And moved into?)

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've only been "live" for less than a year, and Martin has completed most of the new vehicle notes, so a new sub-forum isn't necessary, IMO.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I don't think a new subforum is necessary. I don't think this will be a project that will last forever, and if you create a subforum it will dry up fairly soon. I think the concern expressed in the original post (that these posts were driving away other traffic) was confusing correlation with causation. I don't think these posts have anything to do with the apparent drop in posting; they just happened coincidentally.

JR

RandyT0001

Elder Member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First name
Cary
Country
llUnited States
Ok. Please feel free to add the national sections and the combined work pdfs as resources here on Gamesquad if desired.