Can non-fully tracked vehicle move from factory to factory hex inside the building if both hexes have a printed stairwell?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
B23.742 managed to confuse me....

First part in parentheses (enter/exit) suggests this is a legal move, but the latter part ("any unit may use OG entrance benefits but only when entering it from outside that Factory ") seems contradictory.

Perry says?

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
12 hours later and no one has answered! This forum is going to hell....

Klas?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enter/exit refers to the open ground and the factory, seemingly, take a bog.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Enter/exit refers to the open ground and the factory, seemingly, take a bog.
If you are talking about a standard scenario using only B23.74 rules the "enter/exit" cost for a vehicle of any type is Open Ground as noted in the "EXC" of B23.742 and without a bog check. However, if you are talking about RF or perhaps some other HASL you may want to check the SSR as only the factory hexes containing a road entry point are considered Factory Vehicle-Sized Entry hexes in RF and not all of those may have a printed stairwell (though printed stairwells may exist normally for a factory [determining height of factory & Rooftop Access Points).

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
So you can't do that, because its not fully tracked.
You must get out of the factory, and then get into through the other vehicular entrance.
If it was fully tracked, you can do it but with a bog check +1.

IMHO

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
B23.742 managed to confuse me....

First part in parentheses (enter/exit) suggests this is a legal move, but the latter part ("any unit may use OG entrance benefits but only when entering it from outside that Factory ") seems contradictory.

Perry says?
What the rule says is this:
ASLRB B23.742" said:
[EXC: Any vehicle may enter/exit a Factory Location containing a printed stairwell symbol or across a road hexside at Open Ground costs provided the hex is controlled by friendly forces (the stairwell symbol in this case representing a vehicular-sized entrance)].
IMO, the rule says pretty clearly you can move from one VSE to another VSE as if Open Ground barring some SSR to the country. Now, I don't think that was intended. I think the meant it to allow a vehicle to come from the "outside" to the "inside". Having said that, I know of factories that have "drive-throughs" for trucks and trains so the realism factor sides with the rule too. JMO, YMMV. -- jim

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
But the rules say:

Any unit may use the Open Ground entrance
benefits of a Vehicular-Sized Entrance - but only when entering it from outside that Factory and not
if that Entrance is Roofless (see O5.42 for RED BARRICADES)...

So no movement between vehicular entrances unless fully tracked and after taking a bog check

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
But the rules say:
Any unit may use the Open Ground entrance
benefits of a Vehicular-Sized Entrance - but only when entering it from outside that Factory and not
if that Entrance is Roofless (see O5.42 for RED BARRICADES)...

So no movement between vehicular entrances unless fully tracked and after taking a bog check
Which would preclude the move from one VSE to another. I concur. -- jim