Can K be worse than KIA?

Sttuoc

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We recently had a situation where a broken FS (ML=5), and broken HS (ML=4) were hit with a 1KIA. The HS was randomly eliminated and so the FS was reduced to a HS.

If the result had been a K/3 (or really any K/), I believe the outcome could have easily been the same, and possibly worse. If the same HS had randomly received the Casualty Reduction, it would have been eliminated. And the broken FS would have had a 3MC (assuming it was K/3). With a DR > 2, the FS is reduced to HS and the result it the same as the KIA. And with boxcars, the FS is eliminated.

Is this correct?

Edit: In this situation, unless you roll snake eyes for the 3MC, the K/3 is at least as bad as the KIA (again, if I'm looking at this correctly)

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If the full squad is selected for the K, the remaining two HS would then take the 3 or 2MC. So a 1KIA is a better result for the target in that situation.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Usually a K/# is less severe than a KIA - but given the "correct" (so to speak) DR/dr the end result might be worse for a K/# - but usually it isn't.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
With a stack of half squads, a 1KIA is preferable to a k/4. Yours going to lose 1 and the others will break. With the k/4 you risk lots of elr.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
If you have to take a 3MC with a broken HS you can end with a battle hardened HS plus Hero. That doesnt happens with a 1KIA.

All players can remember games that were lost by that cause. And its not unusual... It happened to me last Friday

Last edited: