Can Jap beserk leader pin 'cause of wound?

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
A japanese leader on a banzai charge runs toward its target and gets hit by enemy fire along the way after expending 3MP. The leader gets wounded by this enemy fire.

- Question1:
Is the leader now pinned because of the wound and therefore unable to expand more MP? Or does it not pin because it is :

A) beserk on banzai run
B) a japanese leader

- Question2:
Same question, but now with a DC hero?

I have both issues at hand in a otherwise exciting game I'm playing and would like to resolve things in a fair manner.

Can't figure out what to do though. The rules concerning pin/wounding seem to contradict the rules for not pinning as a japanese leader/beserk unit.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The leader is pinned as per the sequence of rules and exceptions - A25.23, The units participating in the HW are termed HW Units; they lose any concealment and are exempt from Heat of Battle, PAATC, and any pin results [EXC: Minimum Move (4.134), Wounded SMC (17.2),...

A17.2 - MOVEMENT: A wounded man is reduced to three MF (even if berserk/during the RtPh) except while being carried by any form of conveyance (in which case he is considered to have 4 MF), has an lPC of zero, and cannot Double Time. ** A SMC who becomes wounded (e.g., by Defensive First Fire) after already expending > 3 MF is pinned.**

**-** is new to the v2 rulebook.

This is covered (by errata I think) in the G1.4 rules as well.

Japanese SMC do not take PTC (including LLTC) and do not Pin [EXC: Minimum Move (A4.134); Wounds (A17.2); Collapsed Hut FTC/Pin; 5.5]; however, any PTC/Pin result vs a concealed Japanese SMC can cause the loss of his concealment. ...

Since these rules apply to all SMC, I would say any THH or DC heroes follow the same procedure when wounded.

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
I also found this on de MMP website (errata&FAQ):

G1.4: line 9 at the beginning of the EXC add "Minimum Move (A4.134); Wounds (A17.2) ;".

G1.5 Must a wounded Japanese leader make a Minimum Move if he lacks the MFs necessary to enter the first Location of the Banzai Charge he is part of?

A. Yes (but he would not be pinned as a result).

... but this (the G1.5 errata in particular) makes it only more confusing for me :crosseye:

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
skye88 said:
... but this (the G1.5 errata in particular) makes it only more confusing for me :crosseye:
The G1.65 Q&A is from 96, and it looks very much as it's been overridden by the (later issued) A25.232 and J5 errata for G1.4.

skye88

Reaction score
Country
llNetherlands
apbills said:
A17.2 - MOVEMENT: A wounded man is reduced to three MF (even if berserk/during the RtPh) except while being carried by any form of conveyance (in which case he is considered to have 4 MF), has an lPC of zero, and cannot Double Time. ** A SMC who becomes wounded (e.g., by Defensive First Fire) after already expending > 3 MF is pinned.**

**-** is new to the v2 rulebook.

This is covered (by errata I think) in the G1.4 rules as well.

Japanese SMC do not take PTC (including LLTC) and do not Pin [EXC: Minimum Move (A4.134); Wounds (A17.2); Collapsed Hut FTC/Pin; 5.5]

If the DC hero or Leader expended only 3 MF (or less), and then got wounded, would it be pinned? If I read A17.2 correctly it would not (because it has not expended > 3 MF)?

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
skye88 said:
If the DC hero or Leader expended only 3 MF (or less), and then got wounded, would it be pinned? If I read A17.2 correctly it would not (because it has not expended > 3 MF)?
Correct, it would not be pinned. It must have already expended more than 3 MF when it is wounded in order to get the pin.