von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
How can we know that you didn't cheat?
Or that your die is balanced?
Or that 6 is right rather than wrong? ?
Those who frequent the forum know that I don' t use precision dice and don't believe that they make any relevant difference.
You can't know if I did cheat - maybe I just made up the roll and made it a 6 to spread some bad karma.

However luckily, there are other dr's in this thread to pick one from. Maybe, there is even a precision cheat-roll among them.

But I do understand why you folks may be aching - to make everyone feel better, I will make a new dr with untarnished karma:

Uh-oh... I can feel your pain now. But it is 'good' pain. I promise...

With this sort of karma, you might be reborn as a stone. On the bright side of it, it won't hurt you if you get kicked. So keep 'em boxcars coming...??

von Marwitz

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you realize it now becomes incumbent to link these two threads- if we assume that the 2 die rolls requested for random selection - then we will need to factor in the randomness of the random number generating die. Then, of course, we will also need to factor in the randomness of the dice tower baffle placements and the randomness of the ridges within the dice cup (depending on which method is used)., or even the randomness of one's wrist manipulation and grip strength if the "toss the dice" method is used, along with the randomness of the surface they are tossed into/onto, and also, any randomness involved in the velocity of the die as it approaches and contacts the surface it is tossed into/onto. Finally, if they are to be tossed into a box lid - then the randomness of the size and shape of that box lid, as well as the randomness of its previous wear and tear on the thickness and tensile strength of the remaining cardboard fibers, must also be factored in - all this to ensure the random selection is indeed - random. After all, one does not want this OBA CH to hit the wrong level - perhaps why the OP asked for labeling them "Up" and "Down".

:rolleyes::whistle:?:barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot::barefoot:

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
If you want something truly random then either use radioactive decay, thermal noise in electrical circuits or radio "noise" as your base.