Can a MTR (or other area fire) shoot SMOKE at the level 2 of a jungle, assuming the level 1 is out of LOS?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
No. No targeting things that are not actual Locations.

Q&A said:
C3.33 Can we please have a ruling stating that I need LOS to a non-Aerial Location in the hex to be able to fire ATT.
A. You must. So let it be written, so let it be played. {4}
JR

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh why do you spoil my fun?

Seriously speaking thanks much and very much appreciated as I was just typing this out in the logfile <before> my shot.

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So if there was a treehouse in the jungle, it would be OK, but otherwise no. :(

'twas an 'inspired' attempt to place smoke to make a different location unreachable without CX and another he was certainly headed for.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
No. No targeting things that are not actual Locations.
JR
Unless it's a Gully. Then you can fire at the imaginary Crest. That's OK. So let it be inconsistently written, so let it be inconsistently played. -- jim

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Unless it's a Gully. Then you can fire at the imaginary Crest. That's OK. So let it be inconsistently written, so let it be inconsistently played. -- jim
There can be a unit at crest level, so it is a real location of some kind. The Location can have units at different levels but still be in the same location. The location spans two levels, so Depression hexes are different in that way. Units cannot be at treetops.

JR

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
There can be a unit at crest level, so it is a real location of some kind. The Location can have units at different levels but still be in the same location. The location spans two levels, so Depression hexes are different in that way. Units cannot be at treetops.

JR
You can rationalize it all you want. It's still a silly ruling. -- jim (what if it's a paradrop? People could be hung up in the trees.)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
You can rationalize it all you want. It's still a silly ruling. -- jim (what if it's a paradrop? People could be hung up in the trees.)
Not and be shot at. I think the ruling makes sense. If there could be a unit there, you can shoot there.

JR