Campaign Shenandoah Valley?

Peanutbrittle

Recruit
Reaction score
I really enjoy this game series. I was lucky enough to tour the New Market battlefield earlier in the week. Is there any chance that the fighting in the Shenandoah Valley will be covered in a future instalment? (I appreciate this will be quite a long, thin map!)

rebel15nc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can only assume that they are working on this or will be working on this. They do not comment on what they will be releasing in the future. At any rate, it is time for a new release for this series.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Here is some background on Jackson's Valley Campaign (assuming that it hasn't been "wiki-edited" by some clown- which is always a possibility... ) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson's_Valley_Campaign

There was also an 1864 Valley Campaign http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_Campaigns_of_1864

So there looks like there wouldn't be any lack of material there - although the forces would be smaller than some of the more recent games featuring the AoP vs the ANV ( Chancellorsville/ Antietam and of course Gettysburg and Peninsula).

___

A note on releases, HPS doesn't release on a rotational schedule though, but rather as titles are ready; as the same sort of thing has come up in other series like Panzer Campaigns or Total War in Europe - and guys have, at times wondered why the company kept putting out other titles. Basically because they have a few teams working on different series and games get done at different paces based on a lot of factors.

Last edited:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich Walker at TC3 hinted that there were about three more titles left in the series to put out. I don't know if this is one of them as he does not share that kind of information outside of the ACW team but I think that its a good bet that this could be one of them. Others would include the Overland Campaign and Siege of Richmond/Petersburg title and one other (which I cant guess on - cant figure out what could be left of size for a title - Red River Campaign is a bit asking too much - it was a smaller operation than Franklin).

Compass Rose

Reaction score
Rich Walker at TC3 hinted that there were about three more titles left in the series to put out. I don't know if this is one of them as he does not share that kind of information outside of the ACW team but I think that its a good bet that this could be one of them. Others would include the Overland Campaign and Siege of Richmond/Petersburg title and one other (which I cant guess on - cant figure out what could be left of size for a title - Red River Campaign is a bit asking too much - it was a smaller operation than Franklin).
Three titles!!! That would be great news for us CWB series fans.