Campaign Games SITREP

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Got the ASL design bug; and when motivation comes together with inspiration well here is the results:

1. Bloody Buron, outside Caen, 8 July 1944 (final editing)

2. Crossing the Moro 6 December 1943, Villa Rogatti, Italy (completed in mid-playtesting)

3. Bloody Victory, 6 June 1944, Courseulles-sur-Mer France (starting initial playtesting)

4. Drive for St. Lo, the follow up of PHD, 12 July 1944, north of St. Lo France (map, rules, & scenarios done awaiting testing)

5. Elst- High Water Mark, 23-25 September 1944, Elst Holland, (map, rules, & 1/2 the scenarios done, awaiting testing)

6. Lurking Panthers, 11July 1944, Panzer Lehr's counterattack on St. Jean-de-Daye crossroads (map, rules, & 1/2 scenarios done, CG mid-playtesting)

There a few others with maps, rules wdone, but these I projects, work on at my leisure.

I want to thank those who gave their time to help out.

If you want to help out PM me at

georgekelln@gmail.com

Last edited:

Bill Cirillo

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
George,

Tried to rep u for all of the hard work, but alas no go...I think the size CGs you produce are excellent and are very conducive to encouraging CG play...a few more individual scenarios per pack might be a potential improvement, but that is just my opinion.

All the best!

Bill

takai

Reaction score
Country
llSwitzerland
I really like the Lone Canuck format. The CGs don't look as epic as, say RB or FB. As a fairly new player they seemed ... approachable to me. Playing PHD and OzB now and enjoying them, especially PHD.

One thing I was wondering while comparing the various CG rules for Refit. Why are these not standardized by MMP? It would make a lot of sense to have default perimeter rules, battle hardening tables and so on, no? That could make it easier to balance the games - and also open the opportunity to play tournament CGs?

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
No MMP used 'CG' rules first in RB and then retro fitted them onto KGP and then tied them on to other products, each with a slightly different twist based off of RB. CH introduced Platoon Leader Rules (aka Steven Swann) and these are in some regards better for certain situations (wilderness and AM-Noon-PM-Night for one CG instead of 1 big honking CG day).

Not all CG Rules fit all and you can't (and should not) standardize them since each HASL action is unique (they are not geo boards with torney scenarios in mind)...

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi Bill

When doing a HASL CG, I've chosen ones that are small unit actions (OzB being the exception); these actions tend to one to two days in duration, at the most, but even a little as 6 hours - in the case of Bloody Buron. So trying to pull individual scenarios from these action is difficult. The primary purpose of the module is the CG with scenarios being warm ups for the CG.

The CG is small, not too counter dense, and not too long, which means that they are very manageable, and the chances of finishing one is excellent. Unlike my 0 for 10 attempts at RB to finish CG III.

I know there are players who want more scenarios to play on the map, but if there isn't enough material found, then there won't be a lot of scenarios. Now if more material is present, to make more scenarios, then by all means there will be more scenarios; however, 4 scenarios seems to be about the average drawn from the material.

Cheers,

George

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very nice George. Looking forward to these.
Got the ASL design bug; and when motivation comes together with inspiration well here is the results:

2. Crossing the Moro 6 December 1943, Villa Rogatti, Italy (completed in mid-playtesting)

3. Bloody Victory, 6 June 1944, Courseulles-sur-Mer France (starting initial playtesting)

4. Drive for St. Lo, the follow up of PHD, 12 July 1944, north of St. Lo France (map, rules, & scenarios done awaiting testing)

5. Elst- High Water Mark, 23-25 September 1944, Elst Holland, (map, rules, & 1/2 the scenarios done, awaiting testing)

6. Lurking Panthers, 11July 1944, Panzer Lehr's counterattack on St. Jean-de-Daye crossroads (map, rules, & 1/2 scenarios done, CG mid-playtesting)

There a few others with maps, rules wdone, but these I projects, work on at my leisure.

I want to thank those who gave their time to help out.

If you want to help out PM me at

georgekelln@gmail.com

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

Whomever coined the phrase that 'we are living in the Golden Age of ASL' could not have been more correct. My Lone Canuck binder being nearly full up, it looks like I'll have to start a second one just for the Historical TM packs!