Campaign Game w/ VASL & Skype? EST weekend mornings?

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Giving this a bump up the list. Still looking for a campaign game. Festung Budapest or Dinant would be nice. Maybe Cholm? Green Hell of Inor? C’mon, someone must play this game. We all keep buying it!

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Maybe some Europeans might find your game time friendly. Do they look at BGG maybe?

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Giving this a bump up the list. Still looking for a campaign game. Festung Budapest or Dinant would be nice. Maybe Cholm? Green Hell of Inor? C’mon, someone must play this game. We all keep buying it!
Good luck with lining up something! Live play has just never worked for me with CG's. Now PBEM on the other hand - have a RB, BRT, KGP and just starting Manila :)

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can’t even contemplate PBEM for a campaign game. At 56, I don’t think I will live long enough to see the end! 😀 A 7 or 8 AM east coast start might work for a European who wants to play in the afternoon, but so far I haven’t had any takers. I tried to play with a fellow from Australia who wanted to play late evenings but it didn’t really work out. My wife is doing travel nursing now so I also have some free time weekday evenings but that schedule isn’t permanent.

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can’t even contemplate PBEM for a campaign game. At 56, I don’t think I will live long enough to see the end! 😀 A 7 or 8 AM east coast start might work for a European who wants to play in the afternoon, but so far I haven’t had any takers. I tried to play with a fellow from Australia who wanted to play late evenings but it didn’t really work out. My wife is doing travel nursing now so I also have some free time weekday evenings but that schedule isn’t permanent.
Interesting, it's the only way I have made it through CG's. So far two RB, one BRT, one VOTG, a couple of the Platoon Leader ones [yep fairly short ones], Poland in Flames, a KGP, two FB and a couple of Hatten. Of course, having a pretty good response time on both ends and both knowing the rules well helps a lot!

jfardette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Impressive. I had a RB CG3 with a regular opponent that took over a year to complete. We went about 25 or 26 days until it was decided. If we had to stop every time there was a DFF, we would still be going at it. There must be a way to shortcut that to keep it moving?

Blachorn

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Impressive. I had a RB CG3 with a regular opponent that took over a year to complete. We went about 25 or 26 days until it was decided. If we had to stop every time there was a DFF, we would still be going at it. There must be a way to shortcut that to keep it moving?
Humm.... stopping for every DFF? Usually, you move units across the entire line, as a DFF in the left most likely won't impact something on the right side etc.

Sometimes, in close quarters, you might say this lad AM to here. Couple of lines later this lad AM into the same space if RF is less than 2 or something along those lines.

I usually see a RB MPh take two mailings most of the time for the Germans and often in one for the Russians.

Sometimes 3 mailings if the fighting is heavy and at close quarters.

Now HIP units can disrupt things a bit more but even there it usually only impacts part of the file, so you can run through the rest of it and then shoot it back for any decisions needed.

BRT might be a different story. I have the Japanese in this one. Actually, had to send a Prep Fire/Def Fire in two parts - I activated his sniper so many times that it was impacting further firing in certain areas.

Seems I'm quite good at activating his snipers and malfunctioning my SW's.