Campaign Eckmuhl help

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I'm not sure if this is the place to post about a napoleonic, but I could really use the help. If the moderators have a better place for it, feel free to move this post.

I've just finished a 54 turn marathon of a scenario in J. Tiller's Campaign Eckmuhl and now the bloody thing won't go over to the strategic decision screen! :mad: :mad:

These were 54 excrutiating turns to play, mostly because it takes too long to go from movement to contact. I had units that didn't even reached the "eastern" side of the map, travelling, unopposed, by road.... So after all this moving around of all those units, after anhilating the austrians, I'm left with nothing! :cry:

Has any of you guys been through this? If it helps, i installed the no-cd patch...

Thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers!

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hey Bro, didn't know you played Napoleonics as well. Maybe we can start a small scenario hey? As for your problem, I'm not sure, did you send an email to HPS? They reply quite quickly.

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
I do, I do. In fact, I'm a closet napoleonic :laugh:

A small scenario would be right up my alley. We can use it as relief from our extravaganza. ;)

You can choose anything between Eckmuhl and Wagram.

Paco

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pirimeister,

I'm fairly familiar with Campaign Eckmuhl, but have never run into that problem. Could you tell me a litle more about which scenario/campaign you were playing, type of game (PBEM, AI), etc?

Paco

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Paco said:
Pirimeister,

I'm fairly familiar with Campaign Eckmuhl, but have never run into that problem. Could you tell me a litle more about which scenario/campaign you were playing, type of game (PBEM, AI), etc?

Paco
Welcome to the forum!!

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Hi Paco

I was playing the Campaign scenario #C03 "The Battle of Abensberg" against the AI and I finished the scenario but can't seem to go over to the strategic decision screen.It keeps opening the game file from turn 9 (out of 54!) when I open it from the campain game window, or, if I use the last autosaved battle file 8t54) it shows me the Victory Dialog box, the corrsponding french victory screen and music and then goes back to the map, and stays there.

Paco

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That's a new for me, :surprise: although I have to admit that I almost never play the AI. I'll send a note to Bill Peters, the project leader/designer for Eckmuhl and get back to you.

Regards,

Paco

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Paulo,

You can also send me a copy of the game file to Support@hpssims.com and I'll take a look at it.

And welcome Paco, glad to see you made it over here. Hope you stick around!

Regards,
Rich

Pirimeister

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Thanks for the assistance guys. I'm going to embarrass myself now, but at least I(?) have sorted the problem.

I went back to the game file, using that "irrational faith/let me try it once more" belief that we sometimes have (and that comes right before the "hit it hard to fix it" belief :laugh:) and pressed the end-turn button. The victory dialog came up, I closed it and then waited a while, since nothing happen.

But when I closed the game window, it lauched the campaign decision screen and I was able to proceed with the game. I could have sworn that this never ever happend before ( I mean, I've exited this game after reloading that last turn before!!) but this has never happend. :eek:

If you still want it, I can send you the file, rahamy, only now it has the information for this new campaign phase. Or maybe we wait until I finish this battle and see what happens?

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like youa re good to go now, so just keep rolling. Hope this next game goes well! :)