Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Battle of the Berezina.

Ber49.jpg

Screen 50.

Ber50.jpg

Screen 51.

II Corps Sector. 10.45am.

Marshal Oudinot's extreme left is starting to buckle with one formation routing. The 7th Prussian foot battery suffered a melee assault by a battalion of the 3rd Russian Dnieper regiment and by sheer providence held them. A slight incline and thick thorn bushes with the turning of 2 guns put the fear of god into the mostly raw enemy recruits, who had to back off. French artillery continue to disorder Russian attacks.

The position before the Zawinki redoubt is stable. The centre of Oudinot's line and the southern hinge see endless fire-fights. The enemy stubbornly stand and take higher casualties, hoping that French morale will break.

Ber51.jpg

Screen 52.

Victory Points Table. 11.00am.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
kiss.gif

INTERMEZZO .................When it rains;....it pours.......:umbrella:...looks like I have a 21 year old popsy flirting with me at work...........thought it was my imagination at first..........OH Brother !!!.................and it's a killer, because when she smiles,.......... it really affects me......she's got teeth that shine white like antarctic icebergs in moonlight ,......mine have slowly turned the same colour as the everglade swamps......too much tea drinking;........ have to use a metal scrubber to clean cups out with.

It gets worse.........we finish off each other 's sentences and she likes and dislikes stuff that I do............and did I mention the smile;...... Oh ,yes, ...I did............and of course, I am still dealing with american female..............that's ongoing. :love:

I am flattered that the Universe is trying to turn my life into a Steve Martin film.........................I really am...................:hissyfit:

I know its not Steve Martin - but I cannot remember the clip--same difference....:kiss:...I should sue for plagiarism of all my dance moves............;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The more you struggle; the deeper you sink...............I gave teeth female a Christmas card and, yes, ....I put a kiss at the end. She was beaming like a Cheshire cat for the next 5 minutes.........UUuuuuuuuuurggggh !....... I mean , what is a guy supposed to do,.........I offer to make her cups of tea, and another thing I've noticed,............I am much more, whats the word,.....gentlemanly around her,............that is probably a bit stuffy,......more attentive, maybe.

" For God sakes , stop smiling at me......." ! I am not , I am not,..... I am noooooot getting involved with a 21 year old popsy...............

And , last Friday,........she actually got more attractive.....is that possible.......when she talks, she involuntarily smiles , as do I, ...that is when I wipe the dumb, awestruck gaze that I adopt when looking at her.

I am actually trying to find fault with her,,,,,.....there is nothing ,....she is pretty, she is feminine, has an interesting dress sense, a calm aura about her , intelligent, personable and of course , the worst attribute,............. she likes me.:(

The funny thing is that I got another card from a different female, which was unexpected. It was quite extensive , not the usual couple of lines.......and I hardly know her. This cheapo deodorant I bought last month has some secret elixir,......... or maybe it was that astrological thing I read, which stated that in the 3rd week of December, I would be in a
magnetic phase where people, especially females, will be drawn to me........no kidding....:cool:

Obviously, I am going to contact american female before Xmas, or let her start the ball rolling..............maybe she will psychically pick up that another female is taking interest in me, and be a bit more affectionate than usual...............maybe, just maybe, I am using teeth female as a proxy for american female..............that should be considered. Yep !

Marshal ! Do we have to listen to this stuff..............???????????.......Love and War, my friend,.....Love and War,........the eternal duet of life on Planet Earth !..... Hmmmmmmmm !.......:D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MosA.jpg Battle For Moscow 16th September 1812.

La Grand Armee enters Moscow.

Kutusov forced to fight before the very walls of Moscow........not so outlandish, as it could have happened. The scenario map is much bigger; I could only fit in about 45% of the entire map in 2 screen sections. Such a scenario, never seen or even contemplated in board game terms, ....so on that basis, .... a true rarity
in Napoleonic War-gaming terms.

A big battle in 52 turns; 4 more than in the one day historical Borodino battle;..........gives the player, the delight of throwing Russki butts out of their own capital..............Defy the Master of War at your peril.......................:upset:

Mos1.jpg

Norht-west Map section..........

Mos2.jpg

South-west Map section..........

Borodino Map.jpg

Borodino Battle Map with English naming............

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
bear.png

Extra-ordinary it is - the start of 2016 is pretty hectic for me personally, .............I would not mind going into hibernation for a year or so...........lots of decisions to make, and only 2 brain cells to work with...........not an ideal situation.......:(

I was going to give my opinion on the revamped , Wellington's Victory;......... you can now download the rules booklet, ( Pdf ), free from Decision Games website, but my brain is locked into lots of other things...................:crosseye:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I think caution will hold for a little while longer; then comes the boldness....................a little bluff also adds to the mixture..........:devious:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Defence of Paris - 1814.

BP1.jpg

Villevade's Painting.......

What I like about these games most, apart from their scope,.....is the inclusion of stuff that board wargames do not touch.

The Battle for Paris was only a small encounter, but the what if is the interesting bit, and with the 1814 Campaign, you can do that.

With Napoleon gathering around 60,000 men at Fontainebleu and the M & M's :.........Marmont , Mortier, McDonald and Moncey still in play, with Paris full of National Guard and vast reserves of artillery and powder of all description, even a dozen or so 24 pounders,..........you have the makings of a desperate struggle which Napoleon excels at.....pity people lost faith and sold themselves for an easier option that was worse than Napoleon's rule in certain terms.

I do not have the 1814 Camapign, so I wonder what the National Guard numbers are in Paris. Lovely, Huge map......to decide things.............:yummy:

1814 Campaign - Battle for Paris Map.

View attachment 2734

Napoleon abdicates at Fontainebleu..........:upset:

BP2.png

Close-up of Paris Battle-Map......

BP3.jpg

Ancestor of Napoleonic Parisian street cat.................Monsieur Meeeow !

catty.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
" He may have, at last found some small measure of peace,.......that we all seek,......but few of us ever find !... ". Amen to that !............

It is certainly an option for me; never thought I would play such a role in my lifetime........extra-ordinary........:surprise:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Time for a smile............because, :D

1 Donald duck is going to become President of the USA....

2.England will be out of the European protection racket in June...

3. I am getting a lot of female attention...........Mreeeeeeeow !

4.and , Spring and warmer weather is almost here - get those birdies tweeting,......nooooow !

Last edited:

Old Dog

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hurrah for #3 !! and #4 is welcome too. #1 has me a bit concerned. If you are in favor of #2 and it occurs..Huzzah !

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Waterloo 6mm Napoleonic............

Have to admire the dedication......I would not do it......20,000 plus hours........I have spent about 500 hours playing Hps games and about 500 daydreaming over Eva Green.......it's all a matter of perspective.........I consider my time well spent....only 19,000 hours to go.

By and by , I have spent about 80 hours of my time over the years dealing with computer problems and with that, I am angry :mad: .....that is criminal wastage of valuable time................ I refuse to die until I get those hours back......:stop:

An example of well spent time - only a few minutes - but definitely worth 20,000 hours

Mreeeeeeoooooow ! cat.jpg :cool: :clap: :highfive: .....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ausa.jpg

It's a possibility.................but I am distracted by other things in my life................looking into it though; that said, ........it will be painfully slow......but something is better than nothing , ......as they say in Venezuela.
Happy Austerlitz Day !................2nd December...............:)...

ausb.png

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Austerlitz1.jpg

Screen 1. Frontispiece.

Austerlitz2.png

Screen 2. Operational Positions. [ Edit - December - Legrand's ]........

Austerlitz3.jpg

Screen 3. Napoleon's Proclamation.

Austerlitz4.jpg

Screen 4. Tellnitz church... ( Using Historical Scenario - 66 Turns - H22 - No advantage slider.......Higher French morale negated by Russian initiative...........( There is a 240 turn monster scenario with larger map and the arrival of Archduke Charles' s Austrian army......but I am not in the mood.....). :rolleyes:...

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Auster5.jpg

Screen 5. Operational Positions of French Army - Bosenitz to Pratzen.

Auste6.jpg

Screen 6. Operational Positions of French Army - Pratzen to Tellnitz. .

Auste7.jpg

Screen 7. For God, Holy Russia and the Czar...

Choral Music...............:)...with Fog..................

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Napoleon-david-2.jpg

Marshal Davout marches 138 kilometres from Vienna in less than 2 days...........arriving with a depleted 2nd Division.

Screen 8.

Napoleon-david-2.jpg

Screen 9.

Legrand moves the 26th Legere to cover the area north of the Pheasantry, to support the Tirailleurs stationed there, and has just given orders for the Tirailleurs Du Corse to move into the tree-line next to the Kobelnitz pond.

nap.jpg

Screen 10. [Edit 3rd Legere to Ligne ]........:p....

Visibility has increased to 300 metres. Gen. Brig. Margaron sends 5 guns of his Horse artillery to the Tellnitz road..........to unlimber.
[ A lot of units are still fixed at this stage ]. No sign of the enemy..........

Ignore the attached files - the picture loading system is screwy- does not like png files- have to copy to jpeg otherwise you get message saying file is too large......annoying it is as you still have to resize images.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
nap.jpg

Screen 11.

7.20am. Tellnitz - Austrian skirmishers appear from the mist and engage French skirmishers before the village....there are no casualties to either side due to surprised firing.

Copy of nap.jpg

Screen 12.

7.30am. Tellnitz - All 3 battalions of the 3rd Ligne regiment let rip with crackling musketry, as more Austrian formations appear. A couple of casualties on each side. Surprisingly , the 1st Co. of the 3rd battalion have run out of ammunition and are forced to withdraw. [ Edit, with tree ].

nap.jpg

Screen 13.[ Edit - Wrong Screenshot -Tick ].

7.30am. - Tellnitz - The 3rd Ligne Regt. keeps up a steady suppressing fire towards the Austrian skirmishers, who seem happy to respond in kind. Gen.Div. Margaron dispatches a trooper to Napoleon's HQ, to inform him of the commencement of fighting here. Margaron's Horse artillery are unlimbered but can only see 500 metres.

nap.jpg

Screen 14.

7.40am. V Corps Area - Gen. Div. Kellerman moves forward with 4 regiments of Light Horse to scout the Olmutz road.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
nap.jpg
Screen 15.

Tellnitz 7.50am.

The Austrians have made two melee attacks by both infantry an cavalry. The cavalry attack came from nowhere and obliterated the detached company of the Ist battalion and another assault by 2 enemy skirmisher companies annihilated the detached company of the 2nd Battalion. Aggressive A.I. caught me out there......................shameful....the 3rd battalion De Ligne has had to turn facing to meet the threat of an Austrian regiment before them. So far ...the A.I. is performing really well.....dirty swine........! :oops:.
The 8th Hussars are stalemated by the arrival of a fresh Austrian cavalry regiment...the commander...Delosnes is considering his options , which have dwindled.

Screen 16a.

Napoleon gives the signal for the IV Corps to advance............

Napoleon gives the signal from the Zuran Hill to a bugler to parp 4 times; which is in hearing distance of Soult's staff, but not in hearing distance of the enemy...as tested the previous day. They would not recognize it's significance anyhow, if heard.

nap.jpg

Screen 17.

8.00am. IV Corps attack....area.

Vandamme and St.Hilaire's Divisions start advacing towards the heights of Pratzen. They do so without bugles or drums or salutation to the Emperor, so as not to alert the Allied army,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
nap.jpg

Screen 18.

8.00 am. Enemy infantry are trying to turn the flank of the French in the Tellnitz village.

nap.jpg

Screen 18a. Charge of the 8th Hussars. ( Close-up ).

Colonel Deslognes of the 8th Hussars has his blood up, and makes a probably rash decision to support the 3rd Ligne infantry, by an impulsive attack. His horsemen seem enthusiastic and so eagerly rush into the fray. Two hundred metres from the enemy; they are shot at by skirmishers, who only unseat one trooper. Upon further closing, they receive another partial volley which has no effect. At this point; they set too with their sabers, hacking the Szekely Grenz company to shreds. The enemy quickly respond by further sporadic firing, added too, by an unlimbered battery of guns, which were initially hidden from view. Cheers erupt from the 3rd Battalion de Ligne.........!

[ Note : this is partial revenge for the earlier annihilation of the 3rd Ligne companies- the charge, unfortunately, had to be cut short by blown horses- movement allowanace exceeded , and could have potentially rolled over an enemy battery and 2 more enemy companies....Quelle domage !...].:(...

nap.jpg

Screen 19. Victory Points Table.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Battle of Austerlitz...

nap.jpg

Screen 20.

Tellnitz- 8.10am.
Austrian light cavalry squadrons throw themselves against the 8th Hussars and French infantry in Tellnitz. The 8th Hussars hold firm as do the infantry, who take down the enemy cavalry in droves. The French are astonished at this half-hearted and disjointed attack , which falls apart very quickly. The Aristocratic, paid for commision, officer class, with little experience ( the A.I. ) indulge in complete stupidity - attacking infantry in village hexes with understrength light cavalry squadrons...... Verboten !

nap.jpg

Screen 21.

Tellnitz 8.20am.
The 26th Chasseurs regiment is moving up to support the 8th Hussars;while the Horse artilley battery of Margaron's brigade unlimbers closer to the village.
Sokolnitz - Enemy infantry exchange fire with 2 companies of the Tirrailleurs de Po.

nap.jpg

Screen 22.

An Austrian cavalry regiment charges into the disordered ranks of the 8th Hussars.

nap.jpg

Screen 23.

Tellnitz - 8.30am.
Fighting intensifies as the Austrians become more co-ordinated; ( some help for the A.I. from the Gods ).
And so things look a bit more interesting, and harder for the French at Tellnitz. Firstly , a large regiment of Austrian horsemen have attacked Deslognes' 8th Hussars, who put up a good fight, but decided to withdraw. Austrian gun batteries are now hurling balls into the French, who are otherwise engaged with Austrian battalions pinning them to the northernmost part of the village. The situation has changed to the Austrian's favor. The artillery fire of the Austrians added too , by the French horse artillery can now be heard by Napoleon , located on the Zuran hillock. At this point, one of Marshal Berther's staff officers hands him a message from a horse rider from Tellnitz, presenting information that the village of Tellnitz is under attack. Napoleon mutters inaudibly, " Of that , I have no doubt ! " , as he listens to the distant , muffled artillery report coming from the south. He rubs the front of each hand vigorously, with each palm, to stave off some of the chill.

Last edited: