Campaign Eckmuhl 1809

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

This is the Strategy & Tactics Eckmuhl map I referenced earlier; which linked up to the previous magazine map of Abensberg, giving a huge 2 map layout in magazine terms. The terrain was a bit too dominant but apparently was based on original map sources of the time. For a magazine game; it was an innovative design and well worth the purchase, as the CRT was detailed and good enough to give a variable result and then , there was nothing available dealing with this particular campaign. Fond memories.................Yup !......................................👍...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Napoleon against the Archduke Charles: The Battle of Aspern - Essling 1809.

Another magazine game dealing with 1809 was Wargamer No.49, which I had. It used the same system as the Abensberg/Eckmuhl magazine game. It played very well. I am surprised that they did not dedicate the system to other battles. It could have covered more obscure battles, not available in the larger board game franchise.The counters were a bit too garish but beggars cannot be choosers and it did make easier location of divisional units. The map graphics were functional. Unfortunately; the Wargamer was not as polished as S&T magazine with pics and campaign narrative. My copy must have partially decompsed on a garbage tip by now, giving a crow toothache. :) An Austrian crow !..............

Counters............:unsure:...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

" Mreeeeeee-ooooooow ! ".......the scratchiness is unbearable........................not long to go and this baby will be in my claws. 😊...

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like there will be a slight delay with Eylau - I made an impulse buy on E - bay for a game ; non war related. I do not like the bidding system, so this was my first time and lo and behold; my low bid which was the start bid actually won.
This item is brand new and I have seen it sell for twice and even 3 times what I paid............Go figure................Niiiiice ! 👍...

I have already sent my letter to Santa to give me a 34 inch Ultra -wide monitor for Xma...he has agreed. 🆒...Company level Waterloo on this beast will be amazing..........or even Eylau. :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

The buy wish list just expands - isn't it always the case.........never realized that the Deluxe Edition was released last year. Pretty pricey........................you have to spend 20 notes just for the fancy box artwork; but it will save me from drooling and possible de-hydration health effects.

Will they ever get round to doing the Battle of Leipzig 1813. Ten map sheets and a 9 by 10 foot table area..............Niiiiice......

I have moved onto the furniture now.......................Mreeeeoooooow !.....:).