Calling Jeff Hewitt

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Title says it all, have not heard from Jeff since last September 2nd CG date into our Singling campaign (some might of read the AAR we both started), any news would be appreciated.

All the best

Perry

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
If he's not about playing ASL any more, let's hope he's moved to a cabin high in the mountains, got himself a nice boat and provisioned for a cruise to Tahiti, or maybe he's expanded his garden and started keeping bees.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If he's not about playing ASL any more, let's hope he's moved to a cabin high in the mountains, got himself a nice boat and provisioned for a cruise to Tahiti, or maybe he's expanded his garden and started keeping bees.
I hope so George, I truly do, he is a nice bloke, won't say was as he might just be doing something else.

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
I too have had opponents drop, COLD. Sometimes you find out the reason, sometimes you don't, and very rarely (as in the case of everyone's good friend Jim McCleod) the reason is tragic. Touch wood that Jeff's case is nothing of the sort.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I too have had opponents drop, COLD. Sometimes you find out the reason, sometimes you don't, and very rarely (as in the case of everyone's good friend Jim McCleod) the reason is tragic. Touch wood that Jeff's case is nothing of the sort.
I do hope that it is all innocent George, Jeff is a good man, and I enjoyed our games, would love to pick up again with him one day and get some 'Ost Front' goodness down range. So if you are listening Jeff, drag yo arse out of that Gulag and jump in your T-34, I have a few Panthers that are waiting to put holes into your dodgy Commie armour!:p

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Now, if only his name was Susan, you would know how to track him down...

View attachment 2166
Without a doubt and I bet miss cyclone has a much softer voice as well (much easier on the old ears). And in truth I would not mind that she could not grok the by pass rule, I am sure I could live with it.

aneil1234

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Prof and I both had games running when Jeff disappeared without trace six months ago

He told me he had issues at home, and then neither of us have been able to contact him since.

If anyone has news of his well being, that would be appreciated.
I personally don't care if he doesn't want to play ASL any more (Though he was mad keen about it at the time). I wanna know he is alright ?!

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Prof and I both had games running when Jeff disappeared without trace six months ago

He told me he had issues at home, and then neither of us have been able to contact him since.

If anyone has news of his well being, that would be appreciated.
I personally don't care if he doesn't want to play ASL any more (Though he was mad keen about it at the time). I wanna know he is alright ?!
I can only second those thoughts, Jeff was a fanatic as far as I was concerned ASL wise and was REALLY into it in a big way, if he has decided to move on so be it, but I just want to know he is ok and still in the fight as it were. I have his address in the US at hand so I might have to fire him a letter as e-mails and such have gone unanswered.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I can only second those thoughts, Jeff was a fanatic as far as I was concerned ASL wise and was REALLY into it in a big way, if he has decided to move on so be it, but I just want to know he is ok and still in the fight as it were. I have his address in the US at hand so I might have to fire him a letter as e-mails and such have gone unanswered.
Post a letter to him Perry with your email address on. Perish the thought something has happened, in the unfortunate event something has, his family may drop you an email. I lot of us would like an update.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Post a letter to him Perry with your email address on. Perish the thought something has happened, in the unfortunate event something has, his family may drop you an email. I lot of us would like an update.
I sent Jeff a spare Singling map I had so I have his Addy, I will write him a letter in the week and also add a note to his wife (just in case something has happened), if the case is the latter I will ask her permission to update you all as to the situation or not as they case may be, I hope it is just that Jeff has pulled back from ASL and nothing else.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
PM me with his address. I will try to chase him down, although I just moved from the Colorado Front Range to Wyoming....still closer than the UK.

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I too hope this chap is ok.

Do not underestimate the possibility he's just done a flit. It's a very strange hobby in this regard and, experience over 25 years, has told me that there is some strange behaviour that some people exhibit.

I can count at least three long term players I have played with over the years who I'd developed really good, close friendships with. Then, poof, gone. Never heard from again. No "I'm gonna take a break". No "I have some issues". No "you're a twat Mayers". Nothing. Nada. And I know for a fact all three remain healthy to this day.

There are others who I played to a lesser extent then disappeared. I don't consider myself an arsehole to play. I have a laugh. I don't think I particularly do anything that would piss someone off so much that they would just 'break contact'.

It's weird behaviour. Not the way I would treat someone. And, I've gotta admit, it's a little bit upsetting and annoying in equal measure if I'm honest. Just, like, if you can't play anymore, or don't want to play me, f'king tell me :)

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I too hope this chap is ok.

Do not underestimate the possibility he's just done a flit. It's a very strange hobby in this regard and, experience over 25 years, has told me that there is some strange behaviour that some people exhibit.

I can count at least three long term players I have played with over the years who I'd developed really good, close friendships with. Then, poof, gone. Never heard from again. No "I'm gonna take a break". No "I have some issues". No "you're a twat Mayers". Nothing. Nada. And I know for a fact all three remain healthy to this day.

There are others who I played to a lesser extent then disappeared. I don't consider myself an arsehole to play. I have a laugh. I don't think I particularly do anything that would piss someone off so much that they would just 'break contact'.

It's weird behaviour. Not the way I would treat someone. And, I've gotta admit, it's a little bit upsetting and annoying in equal measure if I'm honest. Just, like, if you can't play anymore, or don't want to play me, f'king tell me :)
I hope so to Martin, in truth I have not played any ASL with anyone since last September, but it is just a bit unusual. Hopefully Jeff will surface, if not so be it.

And you are a laugh to play with Martin, I have to admit it is me, I have lost my ASL mojo in a big way since last September, I might get it back you never know, but if not I will have a lot of ASL stuff to sale;)

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I hope so to Martin, in truth I have not played any ASL with anyone since last September, but it is just a bit unusual. Hopefully Jeff will surface, if not so be it.

And you are a laugh to play with Martin, I have to admit it is me, I have lost my ASL mojo in a big way since last September, I might get it back you never know, but if not I will have a lot of ASL stuff to sale;)
Hey mate, I wasn't referring to you in the comments I made. I'm talking about people who literally just seem to drop off the face of the earth. Can't level that at you mate. Also, you were great fun to play against to.

Proff3RTR

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hey mate, I wasn't referring to you in the comments I made. I'm talking about people who literally just seem to drop off the face of the earth. Can't level that at you mate. Also, you were great fun to play against to.
I know mate, it just seems wierd that he has dropped off the map as it were, once I get my Mojo back I would like to pick up a few games again with you Martin once I am back in the world of ASL (just can not seem to dig it at the moment).

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
I know mate, it just seems wierd that he has dropped off the map as it were, once I get my Mojo back I would like to pick up a few games again with you Martin once I am back in the world of ASL (just can not seem to dig it at the moment).
Mate I totally hear you. I'm absolutely like this. I drop in and out of ASL. I can be ready to sell everything and never play again.....a few weeks later I can't find enough opponents to sate my wish to play. It's a salient lesson for those who intend to sell their gear I'd say.

Off to play a guy face to face tomorrow. Hoping to make it a regular thing as he lives in my old home town Stockport which is about 20 minutes drive from where I live and VASL is great (better than FTF in my opinion overall) but it's great to have a change and faff with counters once in a while (outside of tournament play).