Calling all graphicaly and other talented!

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I'm putting this in the Graphics section because, in essence, its to do with Graphics.

I'm putting a website together for all this photoshop, etc stuff. I would like to aim it, not only at photoshop, but other graphic programs and webdesign. I know all of you have busy lives with school, college, uni or work but I would like to see if there are enough of you here that would like to pool together with me to help make this website work.

I'm in the process of putting the website together now, I have finished the over all design of, at least, the home page, please give it a visit.

As you can see I have named it WindFall Designs. What I'm looking for are tutorials on any graphic suite anyone of you uses, dreamweaver tutorials, frontpage tutorials, macromedia programs, anything like that! But I need to get a team of you guys together for it! If I can get a big enough interest in a team I will buy a domain and web space and get it going properlly.

Of course it will have its own forum, but that is at a later stage, I need to get it up and running first. Please either post here or PM me or even email me ( meddigoflame@gmail.com - please put in WindFall Team in the subject! ) if you are interested.

Luke: I don't know if you have a banner or anything but if you do can you send me it so I can link to sengo! If not then are you ok with me designing one?

All of you: No matter your experience, if you can do anything that looks good and isn't someone elses work then contact me. I'm not doing this for money or anything like that, the domain and web hosting I can get very cheaply. I want to do this because thanks to a couple of you on here you have sparked my interest in graphics a little more.

I won't be offended if no one wants to join me by the way, but it would make my life easier, and we can cover alot more content as well!

Oh, even if you don't want to write tutorials I can always use artwork or anything like that.

A big thank you to anyone who wants to help me. I hope there are at least a couple!! hehe.

BTW, feedback more than welcome about WindFall's design!

Meddigo

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks Sora, I was hoping I could count on you. Thats two people in the team. I've got a college friend that will head up a PHP/websdesign team.

Both me and him are looking at getting some server time together. Maybe a nice fat one between us, he retails hosting so he wants to upgrade.

Meddigo

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Damnit your great people! Could do with a couple of other people thou! If anyone knows anyone who might be interested please pass on my email to them, just remembe to ask them to put 'WindFall Team' in the subject so I know who it is.

Meddigo

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you can write tutorials on HTML that would be good. You can work with my friend Graham maybe. He's going to be heading up that side of it all. Would be good to have one or two more people so we can start addiing content!

Those of you who are going to add to the site, can you please PM me with your full real names so that I can put that on the site. At some point, once I get the site running nicely and we move on to a proper server then I will set everyone up with email addresses.

Thanks guys

Meddigo

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
1. what do you mean by test pics?

2. I mean write tutorials on how to do stuff in HTML. Don't start them yet, I haven't finished the website yet at all. You can write some tutorials on how to do stuff in gimp as well if you want.

Meddigo

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Writing content, I'll see about mods when I get the forums up (after I switch servers) and writing tutorials really. I can't write them all by myself and I'm sure with practise all of you will come up with stuff. Anyway, the main reason I posted was to see, A. interest. B. gather some names for a team.

For now, don't think about it too much, I'm going to work with my friend Graham to sort out the site and get all the pages up and some content on, then I shall open it publicly.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I might opt in :) but this is a busy year for me (final year at school) so depends how much time i have, so i would be willing to help here and there

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No offence, but don't post non related in this thread. If I had time to do it I would have posted in your thread. Sorry dude.

Meddigo

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
you can import my tut's from here over to your new site. i'll have to make some improvements though ;)

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Zero: I don't know is the simple answer. The server that it is on atm is soon to be changed over to a VPS which = a better server. Once I get some content on there then I will start paying for some cheap hosting and if it takes off further then I will get some rele decent hosting.

Sora: Yeah you might as well re write them. I'll let you know on a format. Everything will have to come to me so I can put it on the site, I can't be arsed to find out how to rig up something to let you guys put stuff on. heh heh!

Meddigo

.MystiKal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Your site layout isn't bad, plain and simple. Banner could be improved and if I were you id scratch the Flash object and just use plain writing.

I could help after I start my website:

http://www.mystikpsp.xytex.net

If you want to see my designs PM me and i'll send some your way.