Call of Duty

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone else playing this? I just picked it up last night and cracked right into the multiplayer action. Was a little disappointed it doesn't come with Capture the Flag out of the box, but I expect this mod to come along soon.

Right now I am hooked on "Behind Enemy Lines" where a small allied group of soldiers must hold out against a larger Axis force. Was planning on doing a review of the multiplayer aspect soon!

:thumb:

Eric Weider

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am only playing the solo missions so far, not multiplayer. Last night i captured Pegasus Bridge! The ambiance is really superb and it feels like you are in a movie. I am enjoying it a lot. Next weekend I will give the multiplayer version a try.

Slick

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played through it in about three or four days. It is a great single player game, but I have not tried the MP yet.

It's pretty much MOHAA but with better graphics and enhancements.

I can't wait for the inevitable add-ons. :horse:

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Which is the MOH game advertising right now, where they show Pearl? That looks pretty cool! I generally have despised most of those games, but am always willing to give them a try every now and then, to see if anything has improved. If the action is truly as smooth and impressive as they display, I think it's time I gave it another shot!

Marcks

Recruit
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane Sohnle
Which is the MOH game advertising right now, where they show Pearl? That looks pretty cool!
That´s MOH Pacific Assault, I think it´s sceduled for early / mid this year.

Call of Duty definetly rocks in multiplayer.

The mods and maps are allready rolling to :D

http://www.planetcallofduty.com/

bigbadcat

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that Call of Duty is a great game

but

I like to play Battlefield 1942 more because everybody has to work together if they want to win the battle, whereas in Call of Duty it is more like MOH because people can just constantly shoot, jump around and get the most points.

I think that the my favorite part of these games is teamwork, even in games like Call of Duty I still try to go around in groups of people and throw out suppressing fire.

GhostSoldier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Real-Time Strategy Games.

So far I've only played Age of Empires and Starcraft. Command and Conquer and Battlefield:1942 have piqued my interest. What's the scuttlebutt on these games, and any other Real-Time Strategy games that anybody might think are good. I'm not talking about 1st person shooter games. GhostSoldier.

Hawk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Ghost......Check out Battlefront.com......
These games may not be exactly "Real time"...but ;)

CMBB,CMAK and CMBO........These GAMES ARE EXCELLENT!!!!!
Check them out....

Stoop

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Marcks
That´s MOH Pacific Assault, I think it´s sceduled for early / mid this year.
The Playstation version was panned by X-Play on TechTV, so I might hold off on that though I purchased the other MoH games when they came out on PC.

Stoop

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by bigbadcat
I think that Call of Duty is a great game but I like to play Battlefield 1942 more because everybody has to work together if they want to win the battle, whereas in Call of Duty it is more like MOH because people can just constantly shoot, jump around and get the most points.
I really wanted to try out multiplayer Call of Duty, but the first time I did I was getting fragged every couple of seconds. Sorry, I don't call that fun. I guess I need to find a better online game host.

Andrey

Reaction score
Country
llRussia
It is greatest game but there are many mistakes in showing Russians:

1. Stalingrad episode is built on base of "Enemy at the gates" with many mistakes in showing Russians.

2. StGW-44 in Stalingrad in 1942 is nonsense.

3. Soviet soldiers speak strange words for soldiers.

And PPSh sub-machine gun is very good weapon, isn't it?

And it is impossible to shoot down 10 Ju-87 for 3 minutes...

Pak40

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Call of Duty is a great Single Player game, much better than MOH. However, the Multi player is lacking large good maps. It also suffers from several forms of cheating including bunny hopping. Even with the patch people are still hopping around corners. The small maps and constant cheating really detract from the ambiance that made the single player game so increadible.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I must be in the minority, I can't stand this game. Oh yes, undoubtedly it looks amazing and has some really great effects, but I just felt like I was on rails throughout the whole thing. It has this "illusion" of being freeform and allowing independent movement, but all the time there are objectives thrown at you which actually limit your options and what you are allowed to do.

Take a game like, I dunno, Jedi Academy, for example. Now there 's an FPS you can play exactly as you want to play - wander around the map, take out enemies in the order you want to take them out. Loiter around one area of the map for ages if you want, double-back on yourself, you can do what you want.

COD however puts you in a situation and throws objective after objective after you and made me feel like I was playing some sub-standard early arcade-type FPS like Rebel Assault or something (spot the Star Wars theme here!). In fact, with clumsy triggered events and enemies lining up, waiting to be prompted into action, it often feels just like an arcade game.

In addition, sometimes it seems like the player is the only one doing anything, and that’s unrealistic in a game that values teamwork so highly. The taglines advertising COD all state the virtue of the fact that you are not the only person fighting, you are part of a squad. Taking the Pegasus Bridge battles as an example -y our character is apparently the only one capable of taking out enemy tanks with an '88 or with a Panzerfaust, despite the fact that there are often other team-mates nearer these weapons than you!

I'm afraid I was very disappointed with this game which appears to rely solely on the fact that it looks amazing (and it does) but which has no real depth to it.

But that's just my POV.

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Andrey
It is greatest game but there are many mistakes in showing Russians:

1. Stalingrad episode is built on base of "Enemy at the gates" with many mistakes in showing Russians.

2. StGW-44 in Stalingrad in 1942 is nonsense.

3. Soviet soldiers speak strange words for soldiers.

And PPSh sub-machine gun is very good weapon, isn't it?

And it is impossible to shoot down 10 Ju-87 for 3 minutes...
1. Yeah but look at the history of it, even though I think it was a few months later the Germans were at the Volga's doorstep, the movie didn't do too bad either, both (the game and movie) are america's first attempt to potray the Russians. They do a fine damn job enough.

2. Strict weapons sets. They could just eliminate them from the spawn pool but oh well.

3. ? Like how?

Yeah who said it wasn't it's just inaccurate like most SMG's but it was also the most reliable with a drum too.

4. Agreed, games get their "poetic" license too.

I think it was all around great, and immersive, when I wake up the house during the Re-taking of Red Square by yelling "Uhraeh Stalino" (I was wearing headphones and got kinda lost in the game, I was giddy with excitement when the Commissars were busy spouting propaganda).

SgtBigG

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played through the single player awhile back and I recently started playing multi-player. I found the same problem with cheating, bunny hopping etc. But I found an outstanding server to play on: 1st Red Devils. Try playing there and see if you like it any better. Visit them at www.1streddevils.com

Viking67

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are a few other thread that could be moved. I'll get thier adresses.

V67