Call of Duty mods - BarcelonaBlom et al

Patrocles

Reaction score
Since BarcelonaBlom seems to me to be the lead proponent of CoD I would like to ask him and any one else about recommended mods. Realism mods, full mods, etc.

thanks!

The game runs and looks great! The single-player missions are fun. The multiplayer seems to have devolved a bit into running and gunning. IMHO this could be function of the smaller maps and short spawn times (here is one Multiplayer mission setting that doesn't allow respawning but no few servers run it..). It also seems because of the factors that folks run around with their fingers on the trigger at all time! LOL the gunfire never ceases!

Reaction score
What they need is fire discipline. Something I believe we can demonstrate much to their chagrine.

Finally got CoD about a week ago. Just got through Brecourt (sp?). Loved crawling through the grass and picking off the gunners at the third gun.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't wait for you to get to the Russian part Iron Mike...
About the mods- Heat of Battle is a good mod. It is WWII, but it is a different gameplay, where you try to capture certain points. The only other mod I have is Revolt, which is a modern type mod, urban. It is more gorey than the original CoD (blood appears on the walls and ground), it has modern weapons and things. One mod I hear about is the SWAT mod. I don't think it is out yet, but based on the name it sounds pretty neat :D!
www.callofduty.org is the place I go for news about CoD, it has updates on mods and other things CoD.

Re: The multiplayer
This is one of the main reasons of having a clan IMO. If you are in a clan you can use more strategy and tactics, you are with people that play the game how you want to play. So it is more fun.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just did some more research on mods. Heat of Battle v4 is in production. They will have mobile machine guns, and a squadding system. The mod sounds good as it is now, and with v4 looks to get better!

BarcelonaBlom

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Heat of Battle plays JUST like Day of Defeat... mainly flag or objective captures ( a string of them and both teams try to capture them all but it gets harder as you get into enemy territory since they are spawning right there and you gotta truck a long way)

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by Iron Mike USMC
What they need is fire discipline. Something I believe we can demonstrate much to their chagrine.

Finally got CoD about a week ago. Just got through Brecourt (sp?). Loved crawling through the grass and picking off the gunners at the third gun.
thanks for the CoD mod recommendations, gentlemen. I'll definitely download and check out Heat of Battle.

I did find a nice server last night running a search and destroy game on one of the French village maps. The yanks were tasked with destroying one of two german flak tanks. There was no respawing after being killed and this made the gameplay more intense and suspenseful (IMHO). I even managed to get 2 or 3 kills in one match (my twitch factor is so low it doesn't even register! lol i consider a victory or sorts if i can manage one kill/match! ha ha).