Call of Duty 2

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dont like the game at all.

Constant enemy respawn ruined the whole thing for me.

The game forces you to rush through the levels as taking your time just means coutless hordes of enemy.

PanzerCommander

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wodin said:
Dont like the game at all.

Constant enemy respawn ruined the whole thing for me.

The game forces you to rush through the levels as taking your time just means coutless hordes of enemy.

Well, what would a War be without almost infinite men? seeming(even though it's only tens of thousands) or millions in one battle.

Kingdaddy

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A disappointed CoD1 player

Call of Duty 2 was a real let-down for me, a diehard CoD1 player. Aside from problems like infinitely re-spawning enemies in the single-player campaign, the multi-player game had less than the original version of the game. The original COD plus the expansion gave you a game with lots of maps, vehicles, several types of multi-player games, and the occasional interesting mod that actually enhanced the game. (The custom insults are funny for the first five minutes, and then they get pretty tired.)

In short, most existing CoD players would compare it to the state of the art at the time of the expansion. Unfortunately, CoD2 dropped the vehicles and many multi-player modes, rehashed some of the old, old maps, and added a couple of fairly blah new ones. For fans of the multi-player game, CoD2 set back the clock to the original game, added a better graphics engine (which, for Yours Truly, is a lot less important than the multi-player options), and somewhat new "storylines" for the single-player campaign. Speaking for this consumer, that's hardly a new full version of a product worth $40-$50.

JSMoss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Plyed through COD2 on my new computer with dual 7800 SLI. While visual ok, the game was way too short and the health system is even worse than the excessive first aid kits in the first one. The narrow range of battles covered seems to show they think their primary market doesn't know anything that wasn't in a major US picture.

Leftie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jon@lbc said:
Respawning enemies, regenerating health packs...ech. Dam you , graymatter, for ruining my favorite series Dam you all to hell!!!

Dam = a structure built to hold back water flow in a river or other body of water.

Damn = profanity

:p :laugh:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Jon@lbc said:
Respawning enemies, regenerating health packs...ech. Dam you , graymatter, for ruining my favorite series Damn you all to hell!!!
bummer! hey, can CoD2 be modded to make the game more realistic? ditch the healthpacks, reduce enemy spawn numbers, increase weapon realism, etc...

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Patrocles said:
bummer! hey, can CoD2 be modded to make the game more realistic? ditch the healthpacks, reduce enemy spawn numbers, increase weapon realism, etc...
Yes, there are several mods out that do that. Run speed is slowed, weapons are tweaked; crosshairs eliminated, and realistic gameplay is the norm. I don't like to play much on normal servers anymore. Try to run and gun on these servers and you will be kicked. :D

MomoJak00

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I snagged a copy of CoD2, and I'm fairly impressed. It's quite a bit of fun, even if it isn't Call of Duty 1. The more open-ended structure is an improvment, but a few of the weapons feel just plain nerfed.

But the spilt-screen is fun. Good for a couple friends and a pizza, I'll say. :smoke:

Easy E

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
great game, I'm glad i got it, and the collectors edition dvd helped me get through the "repairing the wire" level, because i always ran out and shot before i listened to the cmmdr. giving the orders or reading the subtitles.
:horse:

SaAxok

Recruit
Reaction score
Last Page

Is there a new page for server status?

I cant find the CoD4 server and I have tried directly connecting with the IP.