Call of Duty 2

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Review at IGN

8.5/10, "It looks great, it sounds awesome, and it provides both meaty single-player and multiplayer."

Their main complaint was the regenerating health system.

I will probably pick this one up...anyone else? And when you do, post some impressions!

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too broke, already bought FEAR and Civ IV... between that and rent money, I don't think I can actually afford to eat. Good news is, with Civ IV I probably won't feel like taking the time to eat anyway.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Overseer said:
Too broke, already bought FEAR and Civ IV... between that and rent money, I don't think I can actually afford to eat. Good news is, with Civ IV I probably won't feel like taking the time to eat anyway.
Oh great, I forgot about Civ 4....have you played much of it? How is it?

Overseer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
gobeavs said:
Oh great, I forgot about Civ 4....have you played much of it? How is it?
Don't have it yet, it's coming in the mail soon.

Patrocles

Reaction score
gobeavs said:
Review at IGN

8.5/10, "It looks great, it sounds awesome, and it provides both meaty single-player and multiplayer."

Their main complaint was the regenerating health system.

I will probably pick this one up...anyone else? And when you do, post some impressions!
wow! sounds like a winner. perhaps some mods will be available to make the game realistic?

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got it today and played for about an hour in the Russian "Winter War". I like it. The health system is a change, no more Health Bags to look for and grab, just take a brake from the action to catch your breath and LIFE!!! I got the DVD Collector's Edition at $60 from EB Games...well no new games for awhile!!!

BigMik1

Nice Try Astros!!! Damn you Chicago!!!

Arkane

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Being overseas it will take our PX a few days to catch up (at least that's what they say) before it's in stock. Question before I plunk down a good portion of my allowance from the minister of finance (wife): Are the tanks operable? Bonus points for anyone that throws up a screenshot!

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10 minutes

All right I am ten minutes into the game and so far so good. Playing as the lovable russians. The guns feel different than before which I think is good, lots of noise and action all over.
I had to break to eat dinner but will give a better review as time goes on...shoot i will be up until midnight tonight.

CD

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is this out for PC and Xbox? What are the reqiurenments for PC? I hope my old 128 mg video card can handle it! :laugh:

Patrocles

Reaction score
BigMik1 said:
Got it today and played for about an hour in the Russian "Winter War". I like it. The health system is a change, no more Health Bags to look for and grab, just take a brake from the action to catch your breath and LIFE!!! I got the DVD Collector's Edition at $60 from EB Games...well no new games for awhile!!!

BigMik1

Nice Try Astros!!! Damn you Chicago!!!
yeah, i read about the health system in Overseer's review link...rather odd imho (iirc the reviewer called it somefink like "Halo Health" due to it's striking similarity to the fps game Halo)

vyshka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just picked it up last night, and the graphics are very nice. I only had time to start the training. I can see a lot of time being spent in this game. My girlfriend isn't going to like this. In the last month I have picked up Diplomacy, Civ 4, AoE3, CoD2, DoW: Winter Assault, and Football Manager 2006. There might be others in there as well.

From what I understand tanks are operable in this game as they were in CoD: United Offensive.

Jon@lbc

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Regenerating health system, lack of domination, Base assault, and behind enemy lines game types? You're killing me here! You really killing me.

These all seem like stupid design decisions to me. This sounds like 3 steps back in search of progress.

Siberian HEAT

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I've been playing COD2 for a few hours now. I already enjoy the single player MUCH more than I did for Quake 4. While I cringe at the thought of anything being lifted from Halo, I think the health regeneration "effect" actually helps keep the gaming moving along at a good clip. The days of resource gathering in FPS's should be long over...including health packets. Now, all you have to worry about is your mission, hitting the enemy, and avoiding his grenades and fields of fire. :D

Another thing that seems everyone is doing these days is having soldiers scream the same battle cries over and over and over. :hush:

No word yet on multiplayer as I am going through the single player missions...although I will say that the Russian campaign is tragically short. Seems like I had it done in a couple of hours max.

Arkane

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The PX here still hasn't gotten it. They keep saying any day now, guess when I loose patience and order it they'll stock it the next morning. Really makes me reconsider preordering from now on.

doomonyou

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can someone give me the PC requirenments? I want to make sure my old machine will play it.