Call of Duty 2 Screens

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
That is pretty good - except the trooper on the far right appears to have his leg half-way through the concrete.

It's little things like this that bug me - can anyone enlighten me as to what causes things like this? I'm talking corpses that die with arms embedded in walls, figures that move through scenery - surely these objects should be solid and fixed?

Dr. S.

MonsterZero

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Napoleon said:
Wow! That is amazing! I think I see a new computer in the near future.....
That's a good point. If the screen are like nothing you have ever seen then the system requirements will be like nothing you've ever seen for a WW2 shooter.

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
looks pretty. i dont think that knife they carry is big enough!!

i really hope this game is good. i liked the first one alot, till the expansion killed it for me. and the demo just made me think that its a prettier version of the original, no difference in game play. but i know i will end up buying it, cause everyone will be playing it.

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
That is pretty good - except the trooper on the far right appears to have his leg half-way through the concrete.

It's little things like this that bug me - can anyone enlighten me as to what causes things like this? I'm talking corpses that die with arms embedded in walls, figures that move through scenery - surely these objects should be solid and fixed?

Dr. S.
I'm not a game designer, so I may be wrong on this - but I think the reason is that the collision detection isn't based on the skin, or the model how we think of it, it is based on different points in the body. Maybe someone more informed can shed some light?

Overall, I don't like some of the look that the new CoD brings - which is highlighted in that screenshot. The ground textures don't look good to me, and the player models look like plastic - although they are still very good...if that makes any sense.

vyshka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That does look nice. I tried to find the system requirements but didn't find anything at the CoD2 site. Looks like some more $ will be going their way.

Archamus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't remember any blood in COD 1 (I may be wrong). Not saying I want everyone to explode into clouds of blood, but no matter how pretty a game looks it just loses part of the feel when people just fall over.

Arkane

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I'm buying this when it releases for a few reaons:

The demo runs exceptionally well with an MP3 player, emule, and X-fire all running in the background on my system. No stuttering at all, with everything cranked up wide open.

Having been a BF series fan for a while, I can't wait to see what they do with vehicles in this game. I never played COD, however this demo has impressed me quite a bit. The tanks in the demo look outstanding, just wish it'sd let us drive them (maybe a MP demo will come out that does that).

+ from what I understand they are going to release an SDK for this thing, that alone will generate a ton of mods based on it.

About the only thing I don't like is the insane accuracy of the weapons. I was able to consistently snipe with an SMG, pulling off one round head shots. The melee feature rocks, however.

From the demo I'd give it an 7/10.

Gen_Electric

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here are the system specs from the demo.
1.Minimum System Requirements

- 3D Hardware Accelerator Card Required - 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 64 MB Hardware Accelerator video card and the latest drivers
- English version of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000/XP
- Pentium(R) 4 1.4GHz or AMD Athlon(TM) XP 1700+
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- DirectX(R) 9.0c (Not included with Demo)
- 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers.
- 100% Windows(R) 2000/XP compatible mouse, keyboard and latest drivers
- 700 MB of uncompressed free hard disk space (plus 800MB for Windows(R) 2000/XP swap file)

Important Note: *Some 3D accelerator cards with the chipset listed here may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by the Call of Duty(R) 2 Demo. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX(R) 9.0c compatibility.

This product does not support Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 95/98/ME or NT.

SUPPORTED CHIPSETS:
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 8500
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9000
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9200
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9500
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9600
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9700
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) X300
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) X550
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) X600
- ATI(R) Radeon(R) X700