CAFP and CA

milhaud

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Hello there, May the Gun fire to the Tiger I in bypass without CA change?...
Tiger needs to change its TCA to fire to the Gun as needed... and, for the other hand I was unable to get any literature about reverse situation. Thanks in advance.
Best of wishes.
Ramón

PD: Any rules reference would be seriously wellcomed.

Attachments

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Yes. The Gun (I assume the one in L5, "orsha") may fire since a Bypasser (the target) is considered to be in the hex being bypassed:

C.5A RANGE: Range is always measured from the firing hex to the hex containing the target (C.5C); just because a vertex is also part of a closer hex does not allow the firer to reduce the range to that other closer hex.​
C.5B FIRE WITHIN CA: A firer that must fire within a given CA must have the hex containing the target completely within its CA — merely having the vertex (or hexside) aiming point forming a part of the boundary of its CA is insufficient.​
C.5C The hex containing the target by definition must include the building/woods obstacle being bypassed, or the hex the target would remain in if affected by that fire (e.g., Snapshot [A8.15], Rowhouse "Bypass" [B23.71], Underbelly Hit [D4.3]) or the lower side of a cliff hexside being Climbed (B11.42).​
...and you're correct, the Tiger couldn't reciprocate without changing TCA because of the limited CAs of a Bypasser (D2.321).

P.S.... any relation to Darius? ?

Last edited:

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
Hard to tell from the picture, but I assume that is a woods hex the Tiger is VBMing?
I had the same thought! ? But I think I see a smidge of woods...

Kinda have to assume so for the sake of the post. It couldn't bypass a brush hex.