The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Larry said:
I am questioning why the * is in the aamg space. Just seems confusing.
Same problem with the Ostwind counter.
Could it just be there to indicate that in place of an AAMG, the MA is AA capable?
With other AA AFVs that lack MGs, there would be no use to put a * at the AAMG place...

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
"While I agree with the conclusions expressed, I am questioning why the * is in the aamg space. Just seems confusing"

Well,...I think (I suppose I'm guessing) they tried to use one star for each instance where a 'note' may be necessary. In this case there is a notation on the back for the MA:AA (3/-/*) and a note for the 4 TK DR (*20L). I think the same applies to the little British MKVIaa, two stars = 2 notes on back of the counter. I think most counters may have a single star as there is only one applicable note on/in the reverse/veh notes.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
The Purist said:
I think (I suppose I'm guessing) they tried to use one star for each instance where a 'note' may be necessary.
And note that in this case the star has the same shape - in other instances, you have to sorts of asterisks...

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
"And note that in this case the star has the same shape - in other instances, you have to sorts of asterisks..."

Exactly. If you look at the 37 FlaK/Pz IV it uses an asterix (rather than a star) that refers you to the Chapter H notes, but in this case the asterix points you to the description on how the vehicle is used (move side vs. fire side). The lack of stars here is probably due to the fact there is no 'wreck' side of the counter and thus no room for the short notes normally found on the reverse of a counter. I believe the star is more commonly used for veh. notes and the asterix for 'special' cases.