CA Change Question

Boardgameingo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi all,

i m new in this forum.

my opponent has a Jagdpanther, NT Tank. He changed hic VCA to shot with his BMG in my Movement Phase and some MPs later with his MA. For this second shot he doesnt used the Case A Malus. I read in C5.1 , that every shot in the phase is penalized and in C5.11 that it applies to the first shot of all vehicular weapons. Could anybody help me interpreting this statements?

thanks for the answer.

Atb
Ingo

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The fact that the BMG fires makes no difference to this answer.

Case A only applies to the first shot of the MA (assuming the MA does not change CA between the first and second shot). If the MA changes CA between the first and second shot then just the Case A for this second CA change would apply to the second shot.

grabowbe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hello:
I believe that the MA shot should use the Case A modifier for its first shot.
C5.11
Should they elect to pivot their vehicular counter instead so as to change their VCA, the NT To Hit DRM apply to the first shot of all vehicular weapons
(see also D3.51).
This is further described in the example in D3.51
He decides not to fire his BMG because to do so he must change his VCA and that would require penalizing the first shot of all CA-restricted weapons firing as NT Gun Types rather than T Types (C5.11).
V/R
B

jimfer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just do what all my opponents do on a NT CA change 1st fire: roll snakes listen to my groan of exasperation and say that was easy.