CA Change, Ammo Depletion, and HIP Status

PaulS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Say I turn my HIP AT Gun's CA and attempt APCR but fail to get it on the TH roll. C8.9 reads," If that Original To Hit die roll is > the depletion number, the firer...is considered not to have fired for any purpose unless Gun Malfunction or Low Ammo occurs." Does this imply that the CA change is nullified and the Gun can remain HIP as if nothing has happened? This has been brought up in a previous scenario and we played it that I did turn my turret and was fully revealed (still turned his tank into a molten mess with lucky AP TH/TK die rolls, however).
Thanks

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
For a hidden Gun, you should make the To Hit DR, before you reveal it....see the EXC in A12.34.

PaulS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For a hidden Gun, you should make the To Hit DR, before you reveal it....see the EXC in A12.34.
Thanks Klas. I guess I can keep HIP even though Case D (On the Cocealment Loss/Gain table) for changing CA applies, since I am trying for special ammo.
Paul S

Bad Dice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The change in CA is not enough to blow HIP? Or ?, for that matter?

BD

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
Having special ammo.. hit the enemy AFV.. enemy AFV in fire.. what’s bad about this? ?

PaulS

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks all for responding. My bad dream is I can't even try out my APCR/big CA change because opponent suspects (correctly) where my Gun is.
Paul S (of the West)

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Thanks all for responding. My bad dream is I can't even try out my APCR/big CA change because opponent suspects (correctly) where my Gun is.
Use some mind control. "That's not the HIP Gun you are looking out for." It works against weak-minded opponents.

JR

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Use some mind control. "That's not the HIP Gun you are looking out for." It works against weak-minded opponents.

JR
You can also use some more offensive mind control. Have the enemy tank/gun fire at you. "You are going to roll boxcars now..." It works against weak-minded dice.

von Marwitz

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
You can also use some more offensive mind control. Have the enemy tank/gun fire at you. "You are going to roll boxcars now..." It works against weak-minded dice.

von Marwitz
This actually "worked" for me once. It wasn't a Gun and it obviously is voodoo magic (aka NA) but makes one feel good when it works out. :)

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Paul S (of the West)
There are two Paul Ss ? East and West ?