llMalta
A JAP HS in a BRT Tower has spotted for a handful of LtMtrs (all
in the same hex & firing at the same hex), they now have Area
Acq on the target hex. In the next turn, the HS is designated
as a Spotter for a Gun in a different hex, firing ATT on (and
Acquiring) a different target hex.

Do the LtMtrs retain their Acq, so that in a subsequent turn the
LtMtrs (not having moved/fired in the interim) may use Spotted
Fire w/ the Acq benefit against their target hex?

If the original HS is eliminated/broken, may a 2nd HS climb the
Tower, be designated as Spotter, and Spot for the LtMtrs or Gun
using the existing Area Acq?

Which is to ask, do the Acquisition counters belong to the
weapons or to the spotter?

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, first of all, a new spotter can't be designated until the first one is broken, eliminated, or captured.

And, you can spot for multiple mortars, but only if the mortars are all in the same hex together.

And, why are you spotting for mortars and not the big coastal defense guns? Did you miss the note that allows a spotter in the "water tower" to spot for the big guns even tho' he's three hexes away?

Now, what were your other quetions? ;)

I believe acquisition belongs to the weapon, not the spotter. But as I said earlier, you can't voluntarily change spotters anyway.

countermanCX

Mennonite Jihadi
Reaction score
Country
llMalta
Well, first of all, a new spotter can't be designated until the first one is broken, eliminated, or captured.
I know that, but if the 1st HS is killed or broken/routed out of the Tower, can the 2nd HS (ready'n'waiting in adjacent hex) move on up, be designated Spotter, and Spot for the same weapons, using their existing (but generated during the 1st HS' Spotting) Acquisition?
And, you can spot for multiple mortars, but only if the mortars are all in the same hex together.
I know that, too.
And, why are you spotting for mortars and not the big coastal defense guns? Did you miss the note that allows a spotter in the "water tower" to spot for the big guns even tho' he's three hexes away?
No, I didn't miss the note. But I want to Spot for allowable Guns & LtMtrs w/ the same (or replacement) HS in alternate player-turns, leaving the Area Acq's in place for re-use as I do so.