C8.91 Special ammo year availability?

Martin

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Hi guys

On the back of the German "JgdPz 38(t)" it shows A4 (and a "4" exponent). Does it possibly have APCR only in 1944 or also in 1945?

Thanks,
Martin

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
1) open rulebook
2) go to C8 Special Ammunition chapter
3) see 8.12 Ammunition Supply Chart
4) Realise that number on the counter means that APCR has a depletion number of 4 in (194)4. No APCR in 1945.
Also, read chapter H about the vehicles which are used in the scenario you are playing.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
3) see 8.12 Ammunition Supply Chart
You know I've never looked at that chart as anything but superfluous, but is it? For example, the StuG 75/46(i) has a 75L, but has no APCR on the back of the counter. However, if the C8.12 chart applies, it has APCR as a GERMAN 75L. Of course, it is an Italian vehicle, and the notes happen to say that it has an Italian AA gun adapted as its MA, but the "German" 47L is a foreign gun (as is the German 76L) mounted on foreign vehicles (French and Czech) yet it gets APCR, so I don't think that you can rule APCR out because it isn't a "German" vehicle or gun.

So, I think you play it as only vehicles with notes on the counter have special ammo, but the rule is a bit vague. I'd recommend in ASLRBv3, the table be removed completely and just refer to Chapter H as the definitive answer.

Last edited:

jwert02

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having asked Martin this question, the rule in C8.91 says "...the first number is for the first year of availability...". I've seen the 4+, but the first year seems to imply from then on.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Having asked Martin this question, the rule in C8.91 says "...the first number is for the first year of availability...". I've seen the 4+, but the first year seems to imply from then on.
Note the whole of rule C8.91 applies only to when you have more than 1 number listed for an ammo type...see how the rule begins "If* more than one Depletion Number is listed..." thus everything in the rule is preconditioned on this being the case....

When you only have 1 number and 1 ammo type, then the default is back to C8.9 "...a Depletion Number which defines its availability." "A4" as the only ammo type and year = 1944.