C7.31 AP to Kill Table...Allied & Axis Minor/Italian (20L only)

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Folks,

A question came up the other day:

What is the TK of an Allied Minor ATR?

On the C7.31 table, under the 44F/ATR/20L column, the TK is 6.

However, the red note says

Russian, Finnish, Japanese; Allied & Axis Minor/Italian (20L only).

What the heck does the stuff after the ; mean?

It seems that the 6 TK applies only to Allied Minor, Axis Minor and Italian 20L ATR. Note that a 20L uses the same column.

The TK roll was an 12, of course.

Thanks in advance.

indy

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Russians, and Japanese only have a good ATR.
The others have both standard ATR and the better 20 mm one.

The Finns have both as well.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
5 is correct unless the ATR is a 20L. I believe that Italians, Axis and Allied Minors all have two types of ATR in their mix.

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
5 is correct unless the ATR is a 20L. I believe that Italians, Axis and Allied Minors all have two types of ATR in their mix.
That's what I thought...I guess the note is to avoid confusion if it's a 20L ATR. Created a bit of confusion for me.

Thanks for the quick reply.

indy

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The Finns have both as well.
They do now, after HP was published.

That note spells it out explicitly as well:
† The use of “(b)” in the piece name (standing for British) indicates that the ATR uses British AP To Kill values, i.e., “5”.

Honosbinda

Reaction score
Country
ll
or check the rules instead of the table, always a good idea as the tables are not the final word (with the unfortunate exception of the concealment table):

C7.31 ...., the red ATR listing with a Basic TK# of 6 is used with the Russian ATR and the Finnish, Japanese, Italian, and Dutch 20L ATRs, while the ATR used by other nationalities has a Basic TK# of 5.

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
or check the rules instead of the table, always a good idea as the tables are not the final word (with the unfortunate exception of the concealment table):

C7.31 ...., the red ATR listing with a Basic TK# of 6 is used with the Russian ATR and the Finnish, Japanese, Italian, and Dutch 20L ATRs, while the ATR used by other nationalities has a Basic TK# of 5.
Yes! And I just noticed that the red text used in my Rat Pack Charts...

Russian, Finnish, Japanese; Allied & Axis Minor/Italian (20L only).

...lacks the semicolon, using a comma instead. This makes things a little less clear.

Last edited:

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Interesting side note (IIRC, I have not doublechecked...):

You can only use the 20L type ATRs to fire at Guns as Targets (in hope of damaging or destroying them with a Direct Hit or Critical Hit). The 'normal' ATRs have to use their IFT-factor instead, which will only be able to harm the crew.

von Marwitz

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Argh! Missed that. Mea culpa.

indy