C6.44 BORE SIGHTING

Jean Lasnier

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hello everybody,

I am playing a VASL PBEM against a friend and we have a little problem with C6.44.

the exception says that "vs Infantry, only such an attack conducted as Defensive Forst Fire (A8.1) qualifies for this - 2DRM"

Do this restriction apply only to Bore Sighted MG (since C6.44 starts with "A MG/IFE no ordnance attack..." or to Bore Sighting MG AND Guns ?

Thank you for your answers

Jean

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I always understood it only applied to MG (& IFE), not to Guns : C 6.44 specifically speaks about MG & IFE.
It has sense, as bore signthing for a Gun is quite similar to acquisition.

J'espère que ça t'aura aidé, Jean! :wink:

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin said:
It has sense, as bore signthing for a Gun is quite similar to acquisition.
Quite similar? Yes! A "bore sighted" target is not lined up by opening the breech and looking through the barrel (possible exception being a very close range target), but by shooting several spotting rounds into the target area. Marks are put on the sights so the setting can be quickly re-aquired. A very alert unit might notice the impacts, figure out what had happened, and avoid the trap. This is outside the rules, of course, but makes sense.

Jean Lasnier

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thank you guys for your answers,

Since Robin is not 100 % sure, is there anybody else that can give an opinion ?

(my opponent and I are waiting for your advices : it is an important action in our game)

Thank you all !

Jean

da priest

Reaction score
Jean Lasnier said:
Thank you guys for your answers,

Since Robin is not 100 % sure, is there anybody else that can give an opinion ?

(my opponent and I are waiting for your advices : it is an important action in our game)

Thank you all !

Jean
The limitation is for all MG's and also for Guns using IFE. Gun's as ordnance are not so limited(i.e., if you use the TH table you get the -2).

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
da priest helped my faith about Ordnance Bore Sighting Th DRM spring from 98% certainty to 99%!
1% remains, just to keep me awaken and ready to question the existence of ASL at all (isn't this just a dream? :shock: ) !
Thanks to the nonce of ASL church : on the way to be pope? :wink: