(C5.71) Deliberate Immobilization

Kenmski

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rule states that in order to attempt DI, the TK# must be greater than than hull AF. Does this mean the lowest hull AF on the vehicle or that the hull AF that is current in LOS?

Have always played lowest hull AF for the vehicle.

ken

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Lowest. C 5.71 defines it thus.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
If I recall correctly in ASLRB v1 a Russian ATR could DI a PzKw V because the basic TK# equalled the lowest hull AF. Many were the German players who raised an eyebrow at that. :surprise:

ASLRB v2 changed the rule to read that the basic TK# must be greater than the lowest hull AF. ..., and there was much rejoicing amongst the Panther crews. :joy: :bounce: :joy:

Blessed be the 'Tome' and 'Holy Book of Armaments'

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ver. 1, C5.71 in the original print (page C10) said Basic TK # < lowest hull AF. Not having the 2nd ed. (waiting), sounds like there was no change.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Well,...like I said, I was referring to memories of ASLRB v1. Gawd knows it wouldn't have been the first time the group back home got something wrong.

Would you mind, at all, posting the pertinent v1 rule on DI in more detail,... for better comparison with v2? Now I'm curious. :D

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. only by ordnance
2. only if basik TK # is > lowest AF
3. only at range <= 6 hexes
4. NA against HD AFV, by IFE, by MG, or with ATT
5. Acquisition is NA to DI shot but ordnance gains Acq. with the shot.

Those are the elements for DI according to D5.71, ver. 1.

da priest

Reaction score
v1:"5.71 Deliberate Immobilization can be attempted only by ordnance, and only if the weapon's Basic TK# (for the ammunition type it chooses to fire) is > the target's lowest hull AF, and only with a hull hit at a range of <= six hexes. A Deliberate Immobilization attempt is not allowed against a HD/immobilized target, or with Indirect Fire or MO/IFE, or when using the Area Target Type. Acquisition DRM are not applicable to a Deliberate Immobilization attempt. However, Acquisition can be gained while attempting such a shot in case the firer subsequently fires on the target normally. "

v2: "5.71 Deliberate Immobilization can be attempted only by ordnance, and only if the weapon's Basic TK# (for the ammunition type it chooses to fire) is > the target's lowest hull AF, and only with a hull hit at a range of <= six hexes. A Deliberate Immobilization attempt is not allowed against a HD/immobilized target, or with Indirect Fire or MG/IFE, or when using the Area Target Type. Acquisition DRM are not applicable to a Deliberate Immobilization attempt. However Acquisition can be gained while attempting such a shot in case the firer subsequently fires on the target normally."

look identical.... :bandit:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
DI & Basic/Modified TK#

The Purist said:
If I recall correctly in ASLRB v1 a Russian ATR could DI a PzKw V because the basic TK# equalled the lowest hull AF. Many were the German players who raised an eyebrow at that. :surprise:

ASLRB v2 changed the rule to read that the basic TK# must be greater than the lowest hull AF. ..., and there was much rejoicing amongst the Panther crews. :joy: :bounce: :joy:

Blessed be the 'Tome' and 'Holy Book of Armaments'
Hello:

I've seen players in the past DI a panther because they, incorrectly, used the Modified TK# instead of the Basic TK# when comparing to the AFV's lowest hull armor. A panther has a lowest hull AF of 6, a Russian ATR has a Basic TK# of 6. The range effects on penetration (Case D on the TK table) allow +1 to an ATR's TK# (using <= 25mm at ranges 2 to 6 {ie: DI range}), hence improving an ATR's Basic TK# of 6 to a Modified TK# of 7, thus >= to a panthers lowest hull AF.

So, sometimes players err because they mistakenly fuse Basic & Modified TK# when using DI, an important difference to keep in mind as it could spell the difference between a mobile & an immobile Pz V to the unwary.

Take it easy,
rk