C5.11 Do VCA changes trigger bog & cause possible rubble/cellar results?

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I posted in another thread:

“ Also If you pivot VCA in a building/woods you have to risk a bog/cellar roll, as I found out a year or so ago. That stuck in my mind for some reason ever since. “

And Chas replied:
Chas Argent said:
B23.41 only mentions entry of a building by an AFV as having a potential risk of falling into the cellar, not changing VCA; am I missing some other rule?
I replied:
“
C5.11 "... a change of VCA in woods/bldg/rubble requires passage of a bog check first ..." and a bog check can result in celler/rubble creation.

Why this is in section C is anyone's guess?
“
Chas reply:
Chas Argent said:
But does that mean the vehicle can fall into the cellar by changing VCA? Or only Bog by changing VCA?

Yes, that is odd if true.
My reply:

C5.11 references D8.2 which says "A vehicle must make a *Bog check* .... or making any VCA change ..." and B23.41 (on page B24) says " .... If the AFV rolls an origingal 6 on the colored dr of the *Bog check* DR ... has fallen through the floor ..."

I take that to mean VCA changes trigger Bog check DR which can cause rubble/celler/bog/mire. Entering a building is another case that can trigger Bog check DR which can cause Bog/rubble/cellar ...

Just curious as to what players thought about VCA changes in woods/buildings; it triggers a Bog check, can it cause rubble/cellar ? I think so, but I’ve been wrong before.

Since it's fairly commonplace for AFVs to setup in woods/buildings, knowing this 100% one way or the other is important.

Last edited:

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From the ASLOK thread:

The falling into the cellar rule has context. That context is that the non-VBM entry into the building location causes the Bog roll with the rubble and cellar possibilities.

Such non-VBM entry of a building hex requires an immediate Bog Check DR with a +3 DRM to the Bog Check only (+4 for stone buildings). If the AFV rolls <= 0 on the colored dr of the Bog Check DR, the building hex has been rubbled. A -1 drm to the colored dr of the Bog Check DR applies if the building is wooden/a Single Story House (per each applicable case) only for purposes of determining rubble creation. Rubbling a Single Story House has no effect upon any occupants of the building, but if a rubbled building has an upper level, 24.11-.121 applies. If the AFV rolls an Original 6 on the colored dr of the Bog Check DR, the AFV has fallen through the floor to the cellar and is removed.

Pivoting of the VCA is not a "non-VBM entry of a huilding hex" and therefore cannot cause either of the non-Bog consequences.

peterk1

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Another related question - you also don't get the +3 modifier for a VCA change in a building right? Since it is not "entry of the hex" as is listed on the chart.

Looks like the only modifier that comes into play is for ground pressure.