C3.3 Area target type

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
This is a basic question that I should be able to answer however I can’t find any references. Mortar fires using the area target type, that’s a given. My question is if they are firing at infantry moving in the open without using assault movement, do the FFNAM and FFMO apply to the IFT roll after the hit has been determined?
Thanks in advance.

Michael Weiss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Quickest way to determine this is to take a look at the C6 table. The only mods not applicable when using the AREA target type have a red dagger next to it. Both FFNAM and FFMO (case J3 and J4) do not have this. So the -1 for each case would apply to the to hit DR.

Also check out C3.331.

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Michael Weiss said:
Quickest way to determine this is to take a look at the C6 table. The only mods not applicable when using the AREA target type have a red dagger next to it. Both FFNAM and FFMO (case J3 and J4) do not have this. So the -1 for each case would apply to the to hit DR.

Also check out C3.331.
I have no problem with the to hit process. I am asking about the resolution on the IFT once hit. Does the -1 for FFMO and -1 for FFNAM apply as well on the IFT roll?

Flarvin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jack said:
I have no problem with the to hit process. I am asking about the resolution on the IFT once hit. Does the -1 for FFMO and -1 for FFNAM apply as well on the IFT roll?
No, if applied to hit roll they are not applied to IFT roll.

Flarvin

alanp

Philosopher of ASL
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No. Use DRMs only once--either 'to Hit' or 'Effects once a hit is scored'. Only exception is CH, I believe, in which a TEM could be used on the TH DR then reversed for the effects DR.

See C.3

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Michael Weiss said:
C.3....no DRM affects both TH DR and resulting effects DR.
That's exactly what I needed just couldn't remember where to find it. Thank you all and have a very Merry Christmas.