C2.29 IFE

kokobolo

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello I need some help understanding C2.29. More specifically, i'd like to know when the exception in "may not be directed by a non-armor leader [EXC: as per D6.65]" applies.

Reading D6.64 and D6.65, it seems like
a)IFE cannot FG with passengers and
b) a passenger leader cannot direct a vehicle alone

So basically, in what circumstances can a non-armor leader direct an IFE attack.

Thanks

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hello I need some help understanding C2.29. More specifically, i'd like to know when the exception in "may not be directed by a non-armor leader [EXC: as per D6.65]" applies.

Reading D6.64 and D6.65, it seems like
a)IFE cannot FG with passengers and
b) a passenger leader cannot direct a vehicle alone

So basically, in what circumstances can a non-armor leader direct an IFE attack.
I don't believe there is a vehicle that has an IFE weapon and also PP capacity for Passengers. As there are also no SW that have IFE, as far as I know a non-AL leader may never direct IFE.

JR

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
There you go. The LVT is not a halftrack, so it can't be directed [D6.65], at least as far as I know.
Per the Vehicle Note:
"An Armor/Passenger leader may direct the fire of one or more vehicular-mounted/Passenger-fired MG only if those MG are firing together as a FG."

So the MGs can be directed by a Passenger leader - but not the 20L MA.

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Leave it to the British to have such funky vehicles. :)

British Vehicle Note 73 - Buffalo Mk II(a) & Mk IV(a). These have IFE and Passenger PP.
That, and have you ever tried to come up with a rational way to sort the British vehicle counters without overloading some Plano bins and only haveing 1-2 counters in another?

Huh?

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
That, and have you ever tried to come up with a rational way to sort the British vehicle counters without overloading some Plano bins and only haveing 1-2 counters in another?

Huh?
First, the rational thing to do is to dispose of the Planos. Get real, get RAACO.

Second, for your case, I recommend a triple OoB. That will allow you to create neat stacks of 6 vehicles even of the rare types. And besides you are prepared if your dog chews up a counter.

The world is so easy... ;)

von Marwitz

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
First, the rational thing to do is to dispose of the Planos. Get real, get RAACO.

Second, for your case, I recommend a triple OoB. That will allow you to create neat stacks of 6 vehicles even of the rare types. And besides you are prepared if your dog chews up a counter.

The world is so easy... ;)

von Marwitz
<shrug> I don't have that much money or room.