C13.3 Panzer Faust and C13.4 Bazooka

Jack Dionne

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Specifically stated in C13.3 that once a hit is secured random selection is used to determine the target, if there is more than one target, barring a tie in random selection of course.
Also PF does not leave residual FP if you did happen to get a hit. No problem.

C13.4 Bazooka
This weapon does leave residual if you achieve a hit and no need to roll for random selection (all target affect by same IFT roll). Until I am proven otherwise I think that’s right.

Tompy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I believe you are correct. The PSK also works like the BAZ. I believe the rational might be that the BAZ and PSK may be reloaded and fired multiple times, whereas the PF is simply a one shot item and if you have one, that's all you have.

Note that you can try and find 2 such weapons during a player turn if you are a full squad. This double shot is not possible with a PSK or BAZ.

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
That's right. For most weapon, one shot in ASL represents more than one real-life shot. This is simulated in ASL by (slightly) increasing the TK roll, by allowing more than one unit to be affected (on Area and Infantry Target Types) and by allowing Residual FP.

The PF however, was a true one-shot weapon (just as my Flamethrowers always seem to be when playing ASL :cry: ), that's why it leaves no RFP and only affects one unit.

ATStatham

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Jack said:
Specifically stated in C13.3 that once a hit is secured random selection is used to determine the target, if there is more than one target, barring a tie in random selection of course.
Also PF does not leave residual FP if you did happen to get a hit. No problem.
Once a hit is secured, if the target hex contains a KEU manning a Gun or SW, then you do not have to use random select if you do not want to. You may specifically target the KEU manning the Gun/SW.

Alan

Minaya

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Ole Boe said:
For most weapon, one shot in ASL represents more than one real-life shot.
(...)
The PF however, was a true one-shot weapon that's why it leaves no RFP and only affects one unit.
I never understood the reason of PF leaving no RFP until I read this post. Thanks for the explanation.