C1.82 & C1.83 Bombardment effects on CE AFV

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A German PzIVH is CE in open ground in a bombardment hex. AFV passes the equipment NMC with at '8'.

Does the CE exposed crew take the bombardment mandated 2MC too? If so, does it get CE +2 added to morale? I think 'no' because the CE DRM is not TEM. Therefore, the crew would have a Morale of '6' for the MC (if they have to take it).

Any help would be appreciated.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
A German PzIVH is CE in open ground in a bombardment hex. AFV passes the equipment NMC with at '8'.

Does the CE exposed crew take the bombardment mandated 2MC too? If so, does it get CE +2 added to morale? I think 'no' because the CE DRM is not TEM. Therefore, the crew would have a Morale of '6' for the MC (if they have to take it).
C1.82 "All non-Aerial Personnel units and Vulnerable PRC not in the spared hexes must take a 2MC."

You would think that PRC would get the CE DRM, but it's not in the rules.

JR

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
C1.82 "All non-Aerial Personnel units and Vulnerable PRC not in the spared hexes must take a 2MC."

You would think that PRC would get the CE DRM, but it's not in the rules.
Yes, and that is what flummoxed me and resulted in this post. Hopefully, @klasmalmstrom will chime in.

I could not find any errata or QA related to this.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Who would stick one's head out of a tank during a bombardment, anyway?
If the rules punishes being stupid, I find that rather a good thing.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm torn between "what AFV crew would be stupid enough to keep the hatches open during a bombardment"; and, a bombardment is a pre-game event: wouldn't there be time for the crew to go CE between the end of the bombardment and the beginning of the scenario?

Ganjulama

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who would stick one's head out of a tank during a bombardment, anyway?
If the rules punishes being stupid, I find that rather a good thing.
Setting up Flying Turrets and German AFV with ALs get ROF increased by one. There will be many Russians in LOS turn 1.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Setting up Flying Turrets and German AFV with ALs get ROF increased by one. There will be many Russians in LOS turn 1.
It will take them a while to get to the German MLR. Plenty of time to go CE (if you aren't dead already).

JR

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was really criticizing the game mechanic. No attack ever followed a bombardment so closely that a BU AFV couldn't have unbuttoned.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
It will take them a while to get to the German MLR. Plenty of time to go CE (if you aren't dead already).

JR
And with all the German L Guns the TH numbers are reasonably good even if BU.