(C1.6) smc passenger oba

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can an smc passenger with a radio in a closed top unarmored truck call in oba while in mot? Can the truck move in the subsequent mph if the smc is marked with prep from the radio call? I've seen tons of people out their using their cell phones and driving at the same time...thus I think both cases should be possible

Victor
:D

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An observer in an AFV must be CE in oder to call in OBA. C1.6. An observer may not move after establishing or maintaining radio contact. C1.6.

If he cannot be CE, the SMC cannot establish or maintain radio contact while in any vehicle. If he moves, because the vehicle his is in moves, radio contact is lost voluntarily with all of its attendant consequences.

Chas Argent

Play to the end.
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
An Observer has to be CE to use a Radio, a condition which does not apply to trucks; so I would say he can't perform a radio action, assuming it's just a regular non-AFV truck.

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
c1.6 has the requirement that observer must have los. In a truck all passengers must have los esp. since they are allowed mounted fire?

you don't need ce status in a truck for los ???

I'm slowing going insane.... :nuts:

da priest

Reaction score
Victor said:
Can an smc passenger with a radio in a closed top unarmored truck call in oba while in mot?
What is a "closed top unarmored truck"? Please give an example.

Victor said:
Can the truck move in the subsequent mph if the smc is marked with prep from the radio call?
No the section cited ante says that the Observer cannot move if he attempted any OBA activities.

Victor said:
I've seen tons of people out their using their cell phones and driving at the same time...
A real POOR Realizm argument Victor..seen any cell phones running on vacuum tubes lately? :bored:

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ron,

I said closed top truck to play it safe in case there was such a thing as open top. I couldn't think of an example of one, but figured I'd cover my bases since the truck in question did not have a white center on the vehicle indicating ot vehicle. I've seen trucks with open beds that are nominally OT, though certainly not in the cab with the driver....and even that I'm sure you can find out here in bubba land texas.

Victor

da priest

Reaction score
Ok was wondering if you were talking about "0" armor vs just a regular old truck-truck.

Well it is in "motion" per your posit, therefore it is marked with a motion counter, since we are in the PFPh. It MUST spend one MP in the MPh. Therefore, the OBA dude is out-o-luck.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Victor said:
Can an smc passenger with a radio in a closed top unarmored truck call in oba while in mot? Can the truck move in the subsequent mph if the smc is marked with prep from the radio call?
An SMC can use a radio while in an unarmored truck. Once a passenger of a vehicle uses a radio, neither the truck or the pasenger may move (just as if it had used a LMG).

The rules do not specify that a passenger using a radio must be in an AFV, only that if in an AFV it must be CE. Note that the rules specifically precludes Riders from using a Radio.