C 8.31 , C13 Baz and WP

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Is a Baz that is attempting to to place a WP round limited by the target selection rules as per C8.31 or can they attempt to hit any hex with WP.

The question came up because of the nature of the WP bazooka rocket, does it need to impact a solid object (building/rubble/wall/pillbox) the same way the HEAT round would?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
WP is not HEAT.
HEAT rules do not apply to WP...
That would seem to me the "legalistic" answer - as I have no idea about the real situation... and as ASL is just a game, I'd stick to the rules...

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
That's what we concluded, as well. It doesn't 'seem' to make sense but don't have knowledge enough on the projectile to debate the issue.

COWTRA applies here, I believe.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Purist said:
That's what we concluded, as well. It doesn't 'seem' to make sense but don't have knowledge enough on the projectile to debate the issue.

COWTRA applies here, I believe.
If you can shoot in a cave, you can place it anywhere I would think...

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
The Purist said:
The reason for the restriction on HEAT is that HEAT rounds had to hit a hard target to detonate. Smoke didn't work that way, neither from LATW nor from normal ordnance, so it makes perfect sense to only restrict HEAT ammo, not LATW in general.

griffitz62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On a similar note, do LATW's only fire HEAT ammo (with some specific exceptions like WP)? I can't seem to find anything that spells it out clearly exactly what kinds of ammo the various LATW can use.

da priest

Reaction score
griffitz62 said:
On a similar note, do LATW's only fire HEAT ammo (with some specific exceptions like WP)? I can't seem to find anything that spells it out clearly exactly what kinds of ammo the various LATW can use.
Each entry for the LATW tells you what table to use, example:

"resolves its vehicular hits on the PIAT column of the C7.33 HEAT To Kill Table." ---for the PIAT

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
griffitz62 said:
do LATW's only fire HEAT ammo (with some specific exceptions like WP)?
ATRs fire AP and they appear on the AP TK table...

CHERDE

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Altrough the thread is some days old I especially would like to agree with robin

"
WP is not HEAT.
HEAT rules do not apply to WP...
That would seem to me the "legalistic" answer - as I have no idea about the real situation... and as ASL is just a game, I'd stick to the rules..."

IMHO the BAZ can shoot the WP without the target limitation rules of C 8.31, ie. the BAZ may fire WP in an empty OG hex.

BTW - what means "COWTRA applies here, I believe.

c