Bypassing a minefield?

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dear all,

We know that bypassing an obstacle in a hex containing minefield will be subjected to minefield attack. But my question is: if a unit bypass in a hex without minefield, but the hex sharing the common hexside of bypassing DOES contain minefield, what happens? Let take an example. Hex A1 is a single hex building and Hex A2 is a wood. Hex A1 contains minefield while A2 has none. Now a unit is bypassing the hexsie A1-A2 and claims A2 (the wood) as the hex it is bypassing. Anybody can help?

TankDawg

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
you are still in Hex A2 even though you are bypassing via a hexside that shares 2 hexes.

No attack.

:D

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Jeff! At first I do think that there should be no minefield to the unit bypassing. Especially most often time we are deploying AP minefield in the scenarios.

But I tackled this prolbem when I was a defender with AT minefield. My plan of set up was trying to stop enemy tanks to pentrate my front line, and force them to change their attacking direction for buy time. I had placed some AT mines on a road hex, which both sides having building. (This is an urban area with a lot of buildings.) But enemy tank can easily get rid of minefield attack by bypassing the building next to this road hex via the common hexside of these two hexs! So I guess there may be some loopholes in the ASL rules or I have ommited some paragraphs regarding this situation.