Hi​
Consider this picture of board 3a:​
Can a unit in D3 bypass E4 on the D4/E5 side to F4?​

Last edited:

Fiedler

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
click the link and you will be provided . (In blue above called bypass)

/S

c600g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is interesting is that I was reading Journal #12 last night, and I could have sworn that the article title "Advanced Nuggets" said that this was not allowed. Does anyone have a copy at hand to confirm this?

Alan

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
What is interesting is that I was reading Journal #12 last night, and I could have sworn that the article title "Advanced Nuggets" said that this was not allowed. Does anyone have a copy at hand to confirm this?
The very first one in that article says:
A4.3: A hexside covered by water may not be bypassed, even if there is open ground between the water’s edge and the woods/building in the hex.

The illustration to match has a Pond spilling over a hexside - not at a vertex, hm.....

Ed Caswell

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
A4.3: A hexside covered by water may not be bypassed, even if there is open ground between the water’s edge and the woods/building in the hex.

The illustration to match has a Pond spilling over a hexside - not at a vertex, hm.....

The rule says "covered". To me that means the entire hexside and its vertices. I don't see any conflict with Perry's ruling.

Ed

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
The rule says "covered". To me that means the entire hexside and its vertices. I don't see any conflict with Perry's ruling.
One possible issue with that interpretation is that the illustration in the ASL Journal the hexside is not entirely covered.

Of course an illustration in an ASL Journal is not not an official rule, but it does in a way indicate what the author/publisher thinks the rule means.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Ed
From the Index: Hexside (one of the six lines which combine to form a Hex; each hexside also contains two vertices): [Indirect_FireTEM: C1.52] [Inherent_Terrain: B.6] [MF cost: A4.131] [Railroad: B32.1] [Road hexside: B3.13] [TEM: B1.16].

I could see where this would lead one to believe the answer would be different and would have expected a different answer. However, I can certainly easily live with the ruling, just glad it was cleared up.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
This was the image used in that article, btw. Where clearly the entire hexside is not covered.
38O1.png

Ed Caswell

Reaction score
First name
Ed
Country
llUnited States
Journal 12 would also be MMP's/Perry's version. :)
But based on his reply to the question, Journal 12 is not the latest version. In the picture in Journal 12, the hexside in question is covered with water except for one area near a vertex which is about the thickness of a sheet of paper. I could play that either way and most likely IAW the Journal.

Ed