Bypass Freeze with a Truck?

_Fury_

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

I'm under the impression that an unarmored, unarmed truck cannot be used to freeze infantry in woods (per A7.212). Since the truck just has an inherent driver one cannot attack with TPBF (i.e. not PRC for A7.211), and this combined with unarmored & unarmed yields the exception to A7.212.

1) Is this correct?
2) I also believe this situation does not strip concealment from such infantry by ending movement in bypass of the hex (A12.42 -- truck is a "broken" vehicle per A12.1). Correct?
3) What is the fp vs a truck in same hex? PBF, normal? What about range 1 ADJACENT?

Thanks!

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Hi All,

I'm under the impression that an unarmored, unarmed truck cannot be used to freeze infantry in woods (per A7.212). Since the truck just has an inherent driver one cannot attack with TPBF (i.e. not PRC for A7.211), and this combined with unarmored & unarmed yields the exception to A7.212.

1) Is this correct?
2) I also believe this situation does not strip concealment from such infantry by ending movement in bypass of the hex (A12.42 -- truck is a "broken" vehicle per A12.1). Correct?
3) What is the fp vs a truck in same hex? PBF, normal? What about range 1 ADJACENT?
  1. correct
  2. correct
  3. Vs a truck in the same Location, TPBF. In the same hex not in the same Location, PBF. Adjacent and not two levels higher, PBF.
JR

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

1) Is this correct?

Thanks!
  1. Correct. In addition, should the truck be stopped, it would automatically be captured.
  2. Correct. Nor would it alone cause Concealment loss under the usual circumstances that would cause concealment loss.
  3. If you mean in an OVR situation, a truck would have an OVR factor of 1 (being a vehicle) but have a no effect for being adjacent/ADJACENT even if the enemy unit was broken (A10.5).

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
What if the truck has an armed HS as a passenger aboard? And a 6+1 leader as only passenger?

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Then there is a known armed enemy unit in your location. Target selection limits apply.