Bypass and concealment

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Senior moment...

Assume that units setting up in concealment terrain can start the scenario concealed:

Can a vehicle which sets up in bypass of a woods hex be concealed?

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably not, but it depends on how the SSR is written. Units in bypass are not in the terrain in the hex and as I read your question, they aren't in the woods so they can't be concealed.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

What the hell is a ‘trunion’?
Sorry Bob. Couldn't resist it.

The Google says it is a cyndrilical projection on each side of a gun or cannon used for support. Ground pounders could probably elaborate

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yeah but I couldn't resist it. Tired, can't sleep, can't gun, just tincantankerous!😉
Seriously, how many times can you make a haha with trunions and grunions?

That was a once in a lifetime opportunity for those lovers of paranomasia. Which for better or worse for the forum is what I am.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
If he sets up out of LOS...it should be ok...but it won't really do you any good when LOS is had

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If he sets up out of LOS...it should be ok...but it won't really do you any good when LOS is had
A unit can set up concealed on non-concealment terrain if the attacker enters all units from off-board or if out of LOS after the attacker sets up. Concealment is lost automatically at 16 hex range or less LOS.

A slightly more complete description that I don't think that Jim's question sought.