BWN-5 Breda Bash

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
Just an observation: I found it strange that the extra counters provided in the Blitzkrieg in the West pack filled in some gaps and provided extras for the Germans, but the French were just ignored? There are insufficient French counters in a single copy of CdG to play this scenario. (And I'm not even referring to the deplorable lack of 5/8" concealment counters for the French, which to be honest is a fault of many of the TAHGC-era modules.)

Not an insurmountable problem for me, since I have two copies of CdG, but I can only imagine that it would be highly annoying for most players. Did no-one ever actually set up the scenario to play before it was published?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
And a tiny bit of errata: in the vehicle notes for the new German counters, when it duplicates the info for the PzIIA, the reference should be to Chapter H, not Chapter N. :p

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just an observation: I found it strange that the extra counters provided in the Blitzkrieg in the West pack filled in some gaps and provided extras for the Germans, but the French were just ignored? There are insufficient French counters in a single copy of CdG to play this scenario. (And I'm not even referring to the deplorable lack of 5/8" concealment counters for the French, which to be honest is a fault of many of the TAHGC-era modules.)

Not an insurmountable problem for me, since I have two copies of CdG, but I can only imagine that it would be highly annoying for most players. Did no-one ever actually set up the scenario to play before it was published?
I have one set of French and played all three of the scenarios without problem...

What French counters are you short of and in which scenario?

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
I have one set of French and played all three of the scenarios without problem...
You'll pardon me for thinking that's unlikely.

What French counters are you short of and in which scenario?
Well, the thread title is a big clue. In BWN-5, the French require 4 x Laffly S15T counters. Only 2 are provided in CdG. They also require 3 x AMR 35 counters. Again, only 2 are provided in CdG.

Now, there are 4 x Laffly V15T counters, and according to French Vehicle Note 35 they were actually used for towing the 25LL AT guns, which would have been extremely appropriate for this scenario. However, it's very clearly the S15T on the scenario card, not the V15T (different MP, different towing values).

For the AMR 35, I don't know why you thought that there are 3 available. There just aren't.

(I haven't looked at any of the other scenarios to see if there are similar problems with the French OB in any of those.)