BVR34 - HIP Interior Wall Breaches [CH: Berlin]

jgross

Reaction score
BVR34 in the Berlin: Fall of the Third Reich / Tyrant's Lair rules (Critical Hit) allows for secretly recorded hidden breach locations in "any hex containing an interior wall that begins within a side's setup area". I'm wondering if the definition of interior walls extends to connected Partially Collapsed Building (PCB) and/or Partially Destroyed Building (PDB) hexes? For example, on the Tyrant's Lair map, RR62/QQ62 is a black bar hexside where RR62 is an intact multi-level stone building hex and QQ62 is a PCB (rubble) hex. My interpretation of the rule is that you could set up with a HIP breach on the ground level (only) between RR62/QQ62.

Similarly, hex PP59 on the TL map is a printed rubble/PCB(?) hex that shares black bar hexsides with OO60, PP60 and QQ60. OO60 and PP60 are PCB hexes; QQ60 is intact (multi-level, stone building). However, because PP59 is actually lying across Anhalter Strasse and doesn't appear to be part of the Allemania Hotel complex as the other three hexes are, my interpretation in this case is that the black bar hexsides PP59/OO60 -/PP60 and -/QQ60 do not qualify as "interior walls" and therefore are not eligible for HIP breaches.

What say you, GameSquad?

micky

That costs HOW much now??
Reaction score
hmm... good excuse to whip out the maps when I should be in bed getting ready to go back to work after a month off.

drawing inferences from RB... I'd agree with the way you see them.. with one minor quibble. PP59 doesn't appear (to me) to be rubble of the Allemania Hotel but a part of the building across the street that fell.. 'southward' into Anhalter Strasse. Note the way QQ59 extends westward before ending in rubble. Perhaps the PP59/OO60 -/PP60 and -/QQ60 never were interior walls but exterior walls. Either way.. I guess it doesn't matter. We share the same result.. it wouldn't qualify as an interior wall eligible for HIP breaches.

my late night two cents.. hope it helps hahah.

Last edited:

jgross

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right about the rubble in PP59, so I'll assume that the black bar hexsides immediately to the south are all exterior walls of the Allemania and not eligible for HIP breaches.

Thanks for the reply. Hope it didn't cost you too much sleep! :)

micky

That costs HOW much now??
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right about the rubble in PP59, so I'll assume that the black bar hexsides immediately to the south are all exterior walls of the Allemania and not eligible for HIP breaches.

Thanks for the reply. Hope it didn't cost you too much sleep! :)
no problem at all.. hopefully someone from CH will give you the 'official' word.. but for whatever it's worth.. I think you have it right.

and nah... didn't lose any sleep.. was nice to dig out the Berlin maps. Going through game overload here.. bought the Berlin modules.. and still haven't had a chance to play them yet.