Buy scenarios

howlingfang

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I was able to acquire the British order of battle through West of Alamein but would very much like to play the scenarios from FKaC. I can get the individual map boards from that expansion from MMP but what can I do to get the actual scenarios. Is there any way to (legitimately) get just the scenarios for the module? Seems like a pretty big oversight if you can't buy scenarios from MMP.

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
I don't think there's a legitimate way to obtain them, other than either buying the module itself (I don't know how much it goes for on the secondary market), or maybe finding someone who's selling just the scenario cards (and even this is a little bit fishy; who's going to sell just the cards and not keep copies?).

It might make sense in these days of everybody going digital, to sell scenarios digitally, but somehow it would mean a pretty big change in MMP's (or any TPP) business model. I mean, currently I still have big binders full of scenario cards (and copies of scenarios from magazines), but the reasonable way to go for most players is to scan everything and have their whole scenario library on a memory stick or whatever. The problem, I guess, from publishers' point of view, is that they're afraid that players will stop buying their products and just share the files.

howlingfang

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
The irony is, when the only two copies on eBay are $475 and $313 and I only want the smallest fraction of their content MMP's business model is driving me towards the black market even where I would gladly pay a reasonable amount.

It's kind of like the demise of video stores driving consumers to bittorrent for any thing that isn't relatively mainstream (when was the last time you saw Pekinpah's Cross of Iron on Netflix for example).