Butchering the offboard setup rules of ASL

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
  1. Just apply the full ASL rule yourself and game on.
I decided to go with option 3 myself. No big deal, IMHO.
And IF SK players DONT own the $100 RB?
ROFL you just don't get it.

Jwil2020

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Actionjack pointed out the SK RB explains the off-map entry procedures, admittedly over-simplified, but still quite playable IMO. My suggestion that a player can always opt for the more complicated entry procedures detailed in the ASLRB assumed said player already has that RB and therefore knows there is an alternative. If you are gaming non-competitively, or going solo, you can always make up your own house rule without regard to any RB whatsoever. I promise not to complain if you do. :)

Game on, my friend.

Stewart

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llRussia
Units enter from offboard—either
at the start of a scenario or as reinforcements—as
directed by the scenario card, including turn and
location of entry. Units are set up offboard along
the specified edge(s) of the map at the start of their
RPh in the Player Turn of entry. They may not perform any action while offboard except move during the MPh per normal Open Ground movement costs. They must enter during the MPh or APh of their turn of entry or be eliminated. Roads are considered to extend offboard for purposes of road bonus.

Wholly incomplete and non descript.

Players that are playing SK do not own the ASL rulebook MOST LIKELY. Its a different game. Unless MMP makes the ASLRB available for free, you are asking SKers to buy a RB they should not need. That was the ENTIRE point of SK's existence.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
RPh in the Player Turn of entry. They may not perform any action while offboard except move during the MPh per normal Open Ground movement costs. They must enter during the MPh or APh of their turn of entry or be eliminated. Roads are considered to extend offboard for purposes of road bonus.

Players that are playing SK do not own the ASL rulebook MOST LIKELY. Its a different game. Unless MMP makes the ASLRB available for free, you are asking SKers to buy a RB they should not need. That was the ENTIRE point of SK's existence.
Don't really agree with you here. In SK you can start off board overstacked. The rules are not the same as for ASL.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
No one else thinks there is an issue?

There are issues with the rules. Tell me the process and likelihood of getting them clarified and I might...

Not sure why I'm the one that has to post the questions once I reveal the issue to the community.
Why the hell post the question here then in the first place?

If I come up to you and say your house is on fire, are you going to wait until I call Emergency simply because I noticed it first, or maybe involve oneself in the solution. As I'm not 2ft. from Perry's ear, suggestions from someone like me, can often fall on deaf ears.
They are still looking for playtesters for Sangshak, you really should offer your services. As I stated earlier you probably would be very good at it and playtesting is definitely a learning experience.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

My understanding is that the initial reason for the SK was to act as a stepping stone to full ASL. While the SK has morphed into it's own entity the entire reason is still in it's name, Starter Kit.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
Personally I think the issue is trivial and that you should spend more time enjoying the game. Have you ever considered offering to playtest the rules? You would probably be very good at it as you seem to have a penchant for uncovering issues others have missed.
Reminds me of Sgt Rock Dan...:oops: