But there are no PANZERS

Snudl

Reaction score
Only Chas Smith would have the audacity to clutter up the ASL landscape with a title like Panzer Spirit for a scenario with no Panzers I suppose he would have named it Panzer Graveyard, but that was already taken. In fact, we have to give him style points for a scenario with SS, foxholes and a graveyard to put them in.

Luckily for Chas "Point Blank" Smith, Panzer Spirit, except with regard to the name, is da mad notes, knowwhatI'msayin'? BOCAGE played it last night and the scenario/cost ratio of the CoS pack from BFP continues to remain bullish.

The action, in a tundra-like Boulder, Co, was hot (despite three straight weeks of snow on the ground). The details are here:
http://klementivorishilov.blogspot.com/2011/12/panzer-spit.html

:cool:

Chas

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And after BFP 3 you thought I wasnt audacious!?!?:)

The whole essence of the title is that they are not Panzers, but I think you get that.

Great AAR. Was the 50L getting APCR every time? Through the AAR I gathered you played it with a base TK#17, not 13, but I could have misunderstood it.

Chas

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
REP REFORM NOW! I laughed aloud 3 times and your use of similie? HILARIOUS!.....Good AAR, will put it on my play list (but that is ALL of the COS is on that same list...sigh, too much ASL and not enough time. What a wonderful life!)

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Snudl

Reaction score
No, while Boulder is pretty liberal, we do use the correct BTK numbers (although they are wrong for the Soviet 76L.)

The 50L has to get a side shot to have any chance--although Jack didn't use it for deliberate immobilization which I think would have been a reasonable tactic. When confronting tanks where you need a 2 or 3 TK, why not use DI? When it becomes immobile, you simply need to hit it to make them take a bail out check.

=FC=Gorgon

Minister of Propaganda
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I gotta know Snudl; what's the name of your dog?

Oh, and you need some wax on the hood your BMW. ;-)

Snudl

Reaction score
The dogs name is Ned, the cars name is Otto.

When I first moved to Colorado, I lived in Nederland. I loved it there. When Ned's profile came up on the greyhound adoption web site, I decided it was fate.

What the 2002 (or ought-to as I call it) needs is a paint job. Maybe if I win the grand prize at firefight. :)

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Only Chas Smith would have the audacity to clutter up the ASL landscape with a title like Panzer Spirit for a scenario with no Panzers I suppose he would have named it Panzer Graveyard, but that was already taken. In fact, we have to give him style points for a scenario with SS, foxholes and a graveyard to put them in.

Luckily for Chas "Point Blank" Smith, Panzer Spirit, except with regard to the name, is da mad notes, knowwhatI'msayin'? BOCAGE played it last night and the scenario/cost ratio of the CoS pack from BFP continues to remain bullish.

The action, in a tundra-like Boulder, Co, was hot (despite three straight weeks of snow on the ground). The details are here:
http://klementivorishilov.blogspot.com/2011/12/panzer-spit.html

:cool:
Superb AAR, really enjoyed reading it !

One "Objection !" from this Rules Lawyer: by the time of Kursk, the T-34s should all have radios, so the comment about platoon movement is a blind pig grunting in a shitstorm.

Snudl

Reaction score
Right. Jack's question was how they could all spend 8mps simultaneously without using platoon movement and setting up on board. It didn't have anything to do with radios. If you look at the rules strictly, the only way multiple vehicles can expend mps simultaneously is by using platoon movement. Clearly, that isn't what the designer meant.