Busted!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Checking out the Manila extension to Reid Hutchinson's ASL Armory, I see I got a 7-0 American SMC. But for Korea, I was an 8-1. What'd I do, show up late for roll call?

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Homes. It's Sarge's creation, and he and MMP did a heck of a job cleaning up a bunch of inconsistencies that I hadn't realized were there. Soon I'll do the final count on how many Shellholes are visible on the map; I think it got cut down to less than 10,000, but not by much.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Checking out the Manila extension to Reid Hutchinson's ASL Armory, I see I got a 7-0 American SMC. But for Korea, I was an 8-1. What'd I do, show up late for roll call?
Be happy if your name is spelled correctly or they translated your nickname accurately.

10-0 Japanese Captain Dao supposed to be Action. It's not. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

At least they didn't put an " e " on Sgt. Burk. Only the hoity toity uppity part of my Dad's family put an e on their name. We couldn't afford the e.☹

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, Homes. It's Sarge's creation, and he and MMP did a heck of a job cleaning up a bunch of inconsistencies that I hadn't realized were there. Soon I'll do the final count on how many Shellholes are visible on the map; I think it got cut down to less than 10,000, but not by much.
Soon you will know how many Shellholes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

Hutch

Curator of the ASL Armory
Reaction score
First name
Hutch
Country
llUnited States
You can get all the "Atta-Boys" you want, but one "Aww..SH**!" wipes the slate clean.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Oberst never made it into any MMP product. Probably, because he got busted beyond recognition below a 6+1. Musta been a scheme of the notorious von Schoff... OTOH, not having been involved into the design process of MMP stuff may have also played a role. ;)

Von Marwitz made it into the Rees-HASL, though, as a 9-1 I seem to recall.

von Marwitz

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Dress Right, Dress
Lol boot camp. Became the Battalion Yeoman after one week. They didn't let me march with my company at graduation cause I hadn't marched in weeks. Too busy getting the Chiefs and officers gedunk from the commissary.

I didn't even turn in my piece. Someone else did. I didn't even know where it was.

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
If given a choice what strength Leader would you prefer? I always thought having one that is used in many scenarios was better. A 8-0 sees a lot more use than a 10-2 was my reasoning. The 10-2 does have more prestige though.

Would your decision vary with the nationality of the Leader?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a "5+2" leader? That'd probably be my speed if I was ever assigned one.

Zakopious

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a "5+2" leader? That'd probably be my speed if I was ever assigned one.
It is really very easy to put a different name on a SMC.
  1. Scan or find an image of a SMC.
  2. Open in Paint or equivalent simple image program.
  3. Use the color picker tool to select the counter color.
  4. Use the brush tool to paint over the old Rank & Name.
  5. Use the text tool to type the new Rank & Name.