Burning Crusade - worth the money?

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There has to be something to it :)

I haven't seen my friend more than 4 times since it came out :)

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i dont think it is in less your level 70 most of the add-on are for higher ups inless you realy whant the 2 new races's and class ..me ill stick with normal warcrack for now uping the dosage might kill me :p j/k

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
it is worth it. two new races, new instances, a new place to quest, new pvp stuff and tons of new items. it's an excellent expansion, just hope the next one doesnt take a couple years.

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It might have finally gotten "used up" feeling.

Well I say this based on my friend telling me he just sold his guild.

Of course my friend could be doing better monetarily currently.

But you know things are over when a Warcraft addict decides he can let go of his Warcraft gaming :)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, but by that time, there are 50 new ones to take his place. :laugh:

*Sold* his guild? What was his guild like (# of members)/How much did he get, out of curiousity's sake?

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
As for the burning crusade, it isn't a must-have, but if you plan to hang around long enough to get to the end-content, it makes a great deal of sense to buy it right at the start.

The 2 new races add the ability to play as classes that were unavailable to the Horde (Paladin) or Alliance (Shaman) previously, and (as you would expect) they are interesting races as well. The Blood Elf is my choice for best race to play a mage. I've heard that there is actually a flying mount available, but only in the expansion lands...

Aries

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Yes, but by that time, there are 50 new ones to take his place. :laugh:

*Sold* his guild? What was his guild like (# of members)/How much did he get, out of curiousity's sake?
Didn't ask him.

I do know his character has an established retail worth of $1000.00 US (kind of makes ASLers look positively ordinary doesn't it eh).

He had one of the more powerful guilds though.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, I've seen people selling hi-powered level 70s for $500 US, but part of it is that Blizzard looks down on this sort of behavior. Would suck to get banned/deleted.

Dabossk

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
On average a lvl 70 char with some decent epics and a regualr flying mount can fetch agout 600-1000 us dollars... never heard of someone selling his guild .. but that could have a tremendouse value if he is one of the top ranked guilds on all ofthe us or european servers.

Now back to the original question... Yes its worth the money if you enjoy world of warcraft and are not just starting out. More places you can explore, tons of new quests to do, heck in hellfire penisual your gonna have enough quests to gain 3 levels...

The new instances are rather fun, and the experince of doing the querst line to get keyed for Khara is a blast... you get to ride a flippin dragon for a bit...A dragon... Felt like i was in dragonlance heheh.

Reason i know of the values a bit is cause at one point i was looking at making playing these online games a full time buisness, instead though i just enjoy playing it for myself to much, and that is what i will continue to do.

If you ever wanted a idea of what direction the profesionals are heading in for online gaming buisnesses check out Looters Lounge.com.

Last edited: