Building control

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How does building control work?

The VC for this game states that: at Games End, by controlling ALL multi-hex buildings.

I moved in bldg 03R6 (1 1/2 story building) during my last MPh. Does that take control away, as my opponent will no longer control the building?

Capture.PNG

buser333

Reaction score
How does building control work?

The VC for this game states that: at Games End, by controlling ALL multi-hex buildings.

I moved in bldg 03R6 (1 1/2 story building) during my last MPh. Does that take control away, as my opponent will no longer control the building?

View attachment 4863
As long as there are no armed enemy units in the building it is yours. The prisoners are not armed so you look to have gained control.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
What is in 3R5? I see a prisoner or an unarmed unit and what looks like a soviet unit and what might be a german unit. If there is a german unit in 3R5 and the germans controlled the building, moving a soviet unit to 3R6 does not gain control of the building.

JR

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As long as there are no armed enemy units in the building it is yours. The prisoners are not armed so you look to have gained control.
Sorry, he has a guard underneath that prisoner. I am basically asking if this would be enough to deny my opponent the control he needs at the end of the game, or do I have to eliminate him from the building?

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What is in 3R5? I see a prisoner or an unarmed unit and what looks like a soviet unit and what might be a german unit. If there is a german unit in 3R5 and the germans controlled the building, moving a soviet unit to 3R6 does not gain control of the building.

JR
So I have to eliminate him from the building?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Sorry, he has a guard underneath that prisoner. I am basically asking if this would be enough to deny my opponent the control he needs at the end of the game, or do I have to eliminate him from the building?
There are a lot of "he"s and "I"s, and I am having trouble figuring out who is who. If that is a german unit guarding a prisoner and the germans controlled the building before the soviet unit entered, the germans would continue to control the building after the soviet unit entered. The germans would retain control until there was a good order soviet MMC in the building with no german units in the building. The german units need not be MMC nor good order to prevent control shift.

JR

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OK, I got it. Thanks