Bugs and caveats in SALSA II

Hipsu

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
So I finally played some proper SASL games during the holidays (I've only dabbled before). I used SALSA II and noticed some inconsistencies in the otherwise perfect companion tool. I'm not sure if everyone is aware of these.

The Infantry/AFV Actions -buttons have a bug. The results are wrong by one "row". For example in a Hold attitude 2-4 should be move, 5-9 should be Fire, 10-11 should be Entrench. But the button gives 2-5 Moves, 6-10 Fires, and 11-12 Entrenches. Advance attitude is skewed in the same way.

I looked at the config.sco file. Lines 4 and 5 have this information and it looks correct so I suspect the bug is in the code side. But I did try a crude hack where I simply removed one Move command from each line and now SALSA gives me mostly correct results, except when rolling 1,1 in which case it's a non-event where it doesn't refresh the result window but simply shows what was there before. In this case the user has to be vigilant and re-check the actual DR result: If 1,1 then it's a Move and not what the result window claims it is.

If anyone want's to use this modified config.sco file, here it is
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bydx4yh8bcw_eWpZOEl1SkpJdm8/view?usp=sharing

One other shortcoming I've noticed thus far is that when SALSA rolls up a leader (from Activation dr, {x3}) it doesn't take into an account the quality of the accompanying squads. {x3} table has cumulative drm's -1 if any MMC is elite and +1 if all MMC are Green/Conscripts. I have no fix for this.

Last edited: