Buchholz Station...

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi all
Getting ready to play Buchholz Station as the Americans... Anyone have any ideas about what the trucks are for? Being a noob.... at a loss about how to use them.
Thanks

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They are just CVPs for the other guy to get. Hide them.

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hmmm, didn't think about that!!! I wasn't even thinking about the victory point angle. The trucks have inherent drivers.... so I guess they could drive behind enemy to prevent routing in their direction... yes? I have SOooo much to learn.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I read this story from the battle of the bulge: This American was driving a jeep with another GI and when they turned this corner they drove right into a German infantry column. The Germans were kinda shocked at first cause he was driving in the middle of their parade. The American immediately drove high speed into the nearest tree and they surrendered. The Germans were like 'you crazy Americans are bad drivers'. The American explained to his buddy he figured they were dead so he might as well wreck the jeep!

Last edited:

Paul S NJ

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't believe Unarmed and Unarmored vehicles matter for routing - that was a trick back in the old SL days (does that reference make me old? >.<)
Yes, trucks without riders are considered 'broken units' and have no effect on rout, dm, wall advantage, reverting enemy movement, concealment loss/gain, etc...

With a 6+1 rider though...

They are also good for the 1 fp overrun.

A keep loaded with a half squad makes a fast reserve, able to sprint to threaten an undefended vc location very far away.

Paul

buser333

Reaction score
Yes, trucks without riders are considered 'broken units' and have no effect on rout, dm, wall advantage, reverting enemy movement, concealment loss/gain, etc...

With a 6+1 rider though...

They are also good for the 1 fp overrun.

A keep loaded with a half squad makes a fast reserve, able to sprint to threaten an undefended vc location very far away.

Paul
Untrue. A10.51 "A routing unit may never move Adjacent to a Known enemy unit..."

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One more question before I go... Does the dismantled HMG, which the scenario SSR states sets up in the Jeep as a 'passenger' make the Jeep an 'armed vehicle' and thus have an inherent crew?

buser333

Reaction score
No. It is simply a SW being portaged and must be unloaded and assembled to be used.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah - those trucks are pretty much just VP for the German. Hide them or get them out of there ASAP. They a re included more for flavor than for game mechanics. Just played this one over the holidays - still holds up after all these years.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
I always liked this scenario. No indecision on where to set up. The scenario came about before railroad overlays so there is none. Tickets, please!

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Untrue. A10.51 "A routing unit may never move Adjacent to a Known enemy unit..."
Untrue: A10.51 "A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed enemy unit...unarmored vehicles without PRC or weapons aren't considered armed

Last edited:

sambruzs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks everyone... for your advice, thoughts, input.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Untrue: A10.51 "A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed enemy unit...unarmored vehicles without PRC or weapons aren't considered armed
A10.51A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit's Location.

buser333

Reaction score
to·ward
tôrd,t(ə)ˈwôrd/
preposition
preposition: towards; preposition: toward
  1. 1.
    in the direction of.
move
mo͞ov/
verb
verb: move; 3rd person present: moves; past tense: moved; past participle: moved; gerund or present participle: moving
  1. 1.
    change position

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember a few games where a truck(s) 1fp overrun was crucial.lol. Sometimes a 1 -1 on a road hex does some damage and the DEFENDER might be scared to shoot at them for fear of wrecks or burning wrecks.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A10.51A routing unit may never move ADJACENT to a Known enemy unit, unless in doing so it is leaving that enemy unit's Location.

move
mo͞ov/
verb
verb: move; 3rd person present: moves; past tense: moved; past participle: moved; gerund or present participle: moving
  1. 1.
    change position
A10.5 During the RtPh a broken unit not in Melee may not remain in the same Open Ground hex in the Normal Range and LOS of a Known non-melee enemy unit/its-SW/Gun, nor-regardless of terrain-may it end a RtPh ADJACENT to or in the same location with a Known enemy unit that is both unbroken and armed.

Journal 3 article, pg. 64 Keep on Truckin, Perry Cocke

"Since they are
unarmed (A10.5), they cannot force a Unit to Rout. They are considered "broken" for all Concealment purpose (A12.1), neither denying Concealment nor forcing its loss. Trucks are not good order. They cannot claim wall advantage. It used to be that trucks could DM units by moving ADJACENT and prevent units in LOS from Routing towards them and control the Location they solely occupy but that has been eracticized."

remain

[ri-meyn]
verb (used without object)
to continue in the same state; continue to be as specified:
to remain at peace.
to stay behind or in the same place:
to remain at home; I'll remain here when you go to the airport.
to be left after the removal, loss, destruction, etc., of all else:
The front wall is all that remains of the fort.
to be left to be done, told, shown, etc.:
Only the dishwashing remains.
to be reserved or in store.
noun
Usually, remains. something that remains or is left.
remains.
  1. miscellaneous, fragmentary, or other writings still unpublished atthe time of an author's death.
  2. traces of some quality, condition, etc.
  3. a dead body; corpse.
  4. parts or substances remaining from animal or plant life that occurin the earth's crust or strata:
    fossil remains; organic remains.
Antonyms for remain

Last edited:

buser333

Reaction score
Apparently you cannot see the different applications where what I pointed out would become pertinent, and I have no desire to enlighten you.